New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Ninjago Feature Film Announced

Just saw on Comingsoon.net that WB is developing a Ninjago film for theaters.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105909

Guess this theme will come back with a vengeance.

Comments

• Also just seen this on the same site. Lets hope Warner and TLG don't over saturate the market with lego movies released too close together!
  • I agree with the concern of LEGO over-saturation. But, my boys are going to go crazy when they find out about the new Ninjago episodes and movie - and the accompanying sets!
  • Great! It seems like a great idea to do a Ninjago movie, Ninjago was (probably still is) one of the best selling themes in recent years. In my opinion it has a lot more potential than Chima which seem to replace Ninjago with its own TV series and such. I hope we will see new Ninjago sets as well, probably movie related.
  • I agree with the concern of LEGO over-saturation. But, my boys are going to go crazy when they find out about the new Ninjago episodes and movie - and the accompanying sets!

I don't think there's a huge risk of oversaturation. The fact that they're starting a script for a Ninjago movie doesn't mean it's just over the horizon. "The LEGO Movie" was in development for several years!

I'm very excited as a Ninjago fan, and hope the movie is every bit as engaging as the show. I wonder if it'll opt for the same pseudo-stop-motion animation style as The LEGO Movie, a style more similar to the CGI of the Ninjago TV series, or something else entirely. I'm not preferential to any, really. A more stylized look like the TV series might help it lose that "toy commercial stigma" that often comes with movies adapted from specific product lines. But I know that there are several styles that suit Ninjago — for example, the trading card illustrations tend to be just as epic as the TV show.

Can't wait to hear more about this!
  • Aanchir said:

The fact that they're starting a script for a Ninjago movie doesn't mean it's just over the horizon. "The LEGO Movie" was in development for several years!

The LEGO Movie may have been a pet side project that was slowly developed. Now that they've seen the possible reaction to it and the desire of fans to have more they could probably pump out a Ninjago movie in less time, especially since they might already have story ideas for it seeing that there have been Ninjago stories going for a while now and they've been doing the theme development for the next wave of sets.
  • edited June 2013
    I am waiting until the trailer is out before telling my son about the Ninjago movie.
    Otherwise, I will get the "When can we see the Ninjago movie dad ?" question every. single. day.
    Aanchir