New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

San Diego Comic Com 2013 LEGO Minifigures Revealed

USA Today has revealed the minifigs that will be given away at SDCC 2013. They are Spider-man, Spider Woman, Black Suit Superman, and Green Arrow.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/san-diego-comic-con-2013-lego-exclusive-minifigures-revealed/
Tevans333samiam391tom4086sidersddkezrancorbaitBrickDancerGothamConstructionCoGeddesAdzbadboy0909090BeavCommodorelegolas

Comments

• No mutants or Flash? Excellent! I won't have to kill...again.
  • Thanks for the note, I was looking that!
  • Only interested in Green Aarow this year, whew:)
  • That Spider-Man is much nicer than the one in recent sets. Shame it'll probably never make it into the regular line-up :(
  • I like the Spider-Woman minifig!
  • Good start. Last year - the Lego booth was a pretty good hub of activity with an early release of a bilbo minifig, some set unveilings, an exclusive darth mail tin and an exclusive t shirt. I hope Lego will be leaking the rest of its con itinerary soon...
  • I HATE THOSE PROMOS !!!!! such an unfair treatment, let's make some sort of 'racism' claim for not giving them away in europe.
    DrmnezAdzbadboySchwallex
  • edited July 2013
    Green Arrow looks nice, the spider-woman looks a little like 2nd rate customs, unless these are prototypes? (Prototypes of exclusives, does that even happen?).

Anyway, I might be missing something, but what is TLG's point in making these? Other than creating a ridiculous secondary market that they get no benefit from?

I appreciate it gets people to their stall, but for no other reason than to get their grubby paws on some eBay fodder. So how does TLG profit in all this?
  • edited July 2013
    ^Marketing hype is the goal. Not money or profit.

Closest to prototype Exclusives are the 2011 Toy Fair Pair of Captain America and Ironman.

I'm interested to see if a special card backing goes with these like 2011 & 2012 series. Even though ill be at SDCC and might win 1 or 2 at best, i really doubt ill score all 4. My wallet is so screwed :(
  • ^Marketing hype is the goal. Not money or profit.

Closest to prototype Exclusives are the 2011 Toy Fair Pair of Captain America and Ironman.

I'm interested to see if a special card backing goes with these like 2011 & 2012 series. Even though ill be at SDCC and might win 1 or 2 at best, i really doubt ill score all 4. My wallet is so screwed :(

2012 Toy Fair Pair of Captain America and Ironman ;o)

Otherwise, you are spot on.

If it was for money or profit, then LEGO would simply make these minifigures in a run of 100, and then sell them on eBay over a period of 5 years. Just think about how much money they would make then? Obviously, a small fraction of what their real profit is, but a nice sum of money none the less.

Clearly, the goal of these exclusives is for marketing, and I've seen the effects and can testify that it works.
  • :Oy!!: 3rd time this week I fudged a detail because I was too lazy to double check before spouting off at the keyboard.

My lament is re-exclusives of Superman and Spider-Man. That was so unnecessary with the wide selection of other characters that hasn't been done yet.
    murphquake
  • Green Arrow looks cool, Spider Woman looks strange and cheap. Black superman looks like Zod.
    andhe
  • The spidey figure looks like it might be trying to be the suit from the newer movies. The rest of the figures are kind of meh to me. Good thing I'm not a completist.
    Adzbadboy
  • FUGLY

There I said it! If I have to chose the best one out of the bunch it is Green Arrow. As @Brickdancer mentioned there were so many other great choices out there if they were going to do the Superhero line up again. That Spider Woman is nasty. Looks like something you pick up at "closing time".

Extremely disappointed to say the least, but I will be purchasing them to add to my SDCC collections.
  • LEGO really doesn't want many people to have a full set of Justice League characters. Hoping these will be redundant to NYCC so I at least get a shot at them.
    Adzbadboyjvdrummer182
  • It is kind of disappointing I was hoping for a Flash much like most people I imagine. But to get two of the same people is getting old. Can they not make other people beside batman, superman, and Spider-Man.
  • Little bummed that green arrow made the "you will never have this" list. I'm happy there was no Flash though.
  • No exclusive X-Men, I can sleep soundly :)
    Zonicey117
  • I'm glad Lego is using the super hero line for SDCC exclusives. As I have absolutely no interest in super heroes it saves me any concern over acquiring these exclusives. That said, the Spider Man figure looks nice. The others look like crap. Happy hunting to those who want them though!
    margot
  • Meh. I was excited for the Thing and Silver Surfer, but also dreading it cuz I can't get them. Not really too disappointed. That Spider Woman is cool tho
  • Boring, easy pass for me. I was hoping for a Star Wars character.
  • I reckon green arrow is sporting his hood costume. Spider man does bear a resemblance to the amazing spiderman. The cards will indicate more!
    Adzbadboy
  • I can't stand the production of all these exclusives, be it Comic Con (which I'm most disappointed by as I'm a huge comic fan and would love to get these); free offers with games only available in certain countries and even the polys we get in the UK free with newspapers that are never available elsewhere. It's just a fantastic way of driving a secondary market and eventually alienating customers like me that have no way of getting hold of these figures. If I can't complete my collection why bother collecting at all?
    Adzbadboy
  • The more importan question (for me at least) when are we going to see the first pics from the Con? When are new Figures/Sets going to be revealed/photographed?
  • ^Marketing hype is the goal. Not money or profit.

Well, not for LEGO anyway.

Many of the figures will end up on eBay for ridiculous prices, though, so money and profit are for many exactly what these giveaways are about....
  • Why does Lego do this to the fans, we have a near impossible chance to obtain the minifigures.

I think there will be sets based on The Amazing Spider-Man 2 film in 2014 as this happened last year with Iron Man and Captain America, think that the Mega Bloks ones in 2012 didn't do very well, but it doesn't look like I will own that Black Suit Superman!!
  • ^ There will not be Lego sets based on the Amazing Spiderman film as Lego does not have the rights to do so. They can only make sets based on the Ultimate Spiderman cartoons.

Back on-topic, I do think some of these minifigs are strange choices. Not as interesting as last year's imo.
  • I expect to see fake black Supermen constructed from mixing Zod and Superman parts all over eBay shortly. Unless I am missing something he looks like he doesn't have any new parts.
  • Only the fact that the "S" symbol replaces whatever the heck Zod and Tor-An have on their chests appears to distinguish this from either of those. Hey, with this, Superman, and Jor-El, you now have a choice of three colour-schemes for the Man of Steel's outfit! ;-)
  • We all know the routine by now, so there's no point kicking up a fuss about these exclusives. But I do like the choices, even if my budget might not I still find it cool to see what these characters look like in proper minifig form and other possibilities it might bring.
  • Last year, I absolutely had to have the Phoenix minifigure when I saw her, and ended up paying way more than I should have. At least I don't have to worry about that this year. I like Spidey the most, but not enough to buy him.
    skeet318
  • If this give away interferes with some panels that I plan to attend I will be very disappointed. I find Green Arrow incomplete without his weapon... Perhaps there is a good chance he will get included in a set in the future.
  • Disney bought the merchandise rights off Sony this year for amazing spider man 2 so there will most likely be sets based on the movie. Lego wouldn't just get the license to make sets and just use it for a one off figure. This will be like the superman figure of 2011 a preview figure for a wave of sets or a set for the Amazing Spiderman 2 movie. Mega bloks thankfully lost the construction rights so Lego will do the sets this year! This is fact that they have the merch rights they bought from Sony. It was reported a few months ago
    AdzbadboyLostInTranslation
  • edited July 2013
    Now is that 90s Back from the dead Supes, Superman Prime, or Black lantern Supes??? I haven't seen the new movie.
  • ^ There will not be Lego sets based on the Amazing Spiderman film as Lego does not have the rights to do so. They can only make sets based on the Ultimate Spiderman cartoons.

This Spidey figure is based off The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) that means Lego have right to Spider-Man from Sony as Mega Bloks didn't do so well selling their sets in 2012!!
  • ^That movie was a terrible interpretation of Peter Parker...but Emma Stone is dreamy!
  • edited July 2013
    skeet318 said:

^That movie was a terrible interpretation of Peter Parker...but Emma Stone is dreamy!

Wow, you're a time traveller and have been to the future to see it already??! :P So lucky. I wish I had my own time machine...
  • edited July 2013

skeet318 said:

^That movie was a terrible interpretation of Peter Parker...but Emma Stone is dreamy!

Wow, you're a time traveller and have been to the future to see it already??! :P So lucky. I wish I had my own time machine...
    Ha. Don't be a dink...I was talking about last year's movie.
  • Thanks @cadwindu1996, I didn't realise the rights had been acquired by Disney.
  • @skeet318

Andrew Garfield was a way better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire. He was exactly like Peter Parker from the Ultimate Spider-Man comic book series.
    AdzbadboyBrickDancer
  • edited July 2013
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-San-Diego-Comic-Con-2013-Exclusiv-Marvel-Super-Heroe-Spider-Man-Mini-Figure-/141015275693?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item20d52a58ad#ht_1132wt_1057

Already on Ebay! Not sure if posted else where. Perhaps some sort of media promo! Hoping it comes with back card.

PRESALE, lol! Better hope they get hold of one for cheaper than they are listing.
  • For 500 they can buy off another person base off last year sales and still make a butt load
  • @skeet318

Andrew Garfield was a way better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire. He was exactly like Peter Parker from the Ultimate Spider-Man comic book series.

I was dissing the script....not the cast.
  • Oh...I have 1-112 of ultimate Spidey...don't see it. Maybe similar but not exactly.
  • I think that Spider-Man will be just like the UBER AMAZING NYCC Superman.
  • I actually really want Spider-Woman, she's totally my favourite from the comics... Looks-wise though I'd say Green Arrow is awesome.

Another year, another SDCC NOT attended... as always, maybe next year!
    Zon
  • vitreolum said:
    That's part of a 1-of-1 trio given away last year at SDCC. My friend won the Batman one, which then sold for around $800-$900 on eBay. Only to later be sold again for $1,250. Not sure if it sold one more time after that for $2,000+, but it was listed as such. This Spider-Man is the 2nd model. Forgot what the 3rd model was, sorta recall it to be of 'Luke Skywalker' but not sure.

• What annoys me is that they make characters for this that they don't put out generally. I don't mind alternate suits, etc., but no other Green Lantern? No Bizarro? no Dark Phoenix? and now no Green Arrow or Spider Woman(probably); too bad. Glad they put out a Venom, at least.