New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What ships, characters, or scenes from Star Wars would you like to see in LEGO ?

edited March 2012 in Collecting
I personally would like to see Queen Amidala. I would like to see the chrome/silver ship she was on when she went to Mustafar. I also would like to see a set with Zero the hut.

Comments

• A proper cantina set, with the band and everything...
    vitreolumkyrotek
  • +1 for a decent cantina set. The minifigs would be legendary in that set. I would like to see an endor landing pad set too or dare I say a tree village set!?
  • Geonosis arena. With monsters. :-)
  • There are indeed a lot of characters and ships that TLG could still create from the franchise, so it really bewilders me to see several repetitions of the same product over time. I know that they have their own appeal and are iconic, but who wouldn't welcome new faces and ships? I like the improvements they've made with the characters of the pod race, particularly sebulba: I find the first model grotesque.

Having said that, I also like a Queen Amidala among others.
  • I triple the Cantina Idea!! I would also like to see a Ryloth set with Twi'leks. And it should have a few Twi'leks versus droids!!!
  • How about a good Jabbas palace with rancor?
  • I'm a UCS guy and am excited about what might be coming next. I've been scanning the net for weeks....months, but can't find even a hint of a clue. I was hoping for the Imperial Shuttle a year or two ago and my wish came true. I prefer the ships and vehicles rather than locations like a Death Star for example - although many might argue it's not technically UCS. Wouldn't say no to a Cantina or Cloud City though. How about something like a 1:8 landspeeder?
  • How about a good Jabbas palace with rancor?
    Now you're talking ! Cantina would also be great (hands up if you love the California miniland version currently splashed all over the Net), as would a UCS ship such as an A-Wing, B-Wing or standard TIE fighter.
  • Yeah, a rancor actually makes a lot of sense, what with the recent tauntaun and wampa inclusions. I'm betting this is a shoe-in for the ROTJ 30th anniversary year. I would also think a UCS Slave I will be released the same year.
  • I too wondered about a Slave 1 but figured given we'd not long had one...?
  • edited March 2011
    I too wondered about a Slave 1 but figured given we'd not long had one...?
    Indeed, but no UCS Slave 1 which is a good call, actually. And there are some great MOCs upon which to base the design, similar to what LEGO did with the Imperial Shuttle.....
  • Can you imagine a Slave 1 of similar proportions to th Imperial Shuttle? Wow! Would expect it to cost a pretty penny though given the bulk of it over the shuttle - being one big mass! Would be fantastic.
  • I was thinking of something along the lines of what Cavegod built :

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5124/5317442399_a9592edbb8_b.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    I was thinking of something along the lines of what Cavegod built :

Yeah, I think that was at Steam last year wasn't it? Size-wise, it wasn't a great deal bigger than the last official Slave I, but it sure was better.

• edited March 2011
    I was thinking of something along the lines of what Cavegod built :

Yeah, I think that was at Steam last year wasn't it? Size-wise, it wasn't a great deal bigger than the last official Slave I, but it sure was better.
    I didn't spot it at STEAM last year, but it sure is better (and somewhat bigger) than the official version

As you know, I'm supposed to be organising a UCS Star Wars display as part of the Brickish exhibition at the NSC in July, and Cavegod has promised to bring a number of his MOCs to display including the massive UCS Sandcrawler. There will also be some other cool UCS MOCs there designed by other builders to complement the official sets, so it'll hopefully be pretty good if it all comes together. Just sorry you can't come !
  • It sounds like a great exhibition, to be honest, I wish I could be there! I'm sure it was at STEAM, I may even have a photo somewhere. I had a typo in my earlier post. I wasn't meaning to suggest it wasn't better than the official set, but exactly the opposite :o).

I would love to see pictures of Cavegod's other UCS MOCs, is he on flickr or similar?
  • Yep - search for "cavegod2009" on Flickr.
  • Wow, his At-At is utterly sublime!
  • Yeah, I like his AT-AT, too!

I wonder what's the best source for all Star Wars vehicles that have pictures of them. Is wookiepedia enough?
  • The AT-AT should be at NSC. Maybe you should change your plans for that weekend....... :-)
  • USC Cloud City, Mos Eisley Cantina, Jabba's Palace, and a remake of Jabba's Sail Barge, as I missed the last one. It could be cool to see some more sets from the prequels, as there's lots of uncovered material there, then again, it might not... I'm not quite sure what I think about the prequels at the moment, but I'm probably going to buy some of the Episode I sets that come out this Summer.

The Invisible Hand is a set I've been wanting to see, ever since I saw Episode III. It would be cooler if I had the Venator Class Republic Cruiser as well, but I don't like buying "Clone Wars", and besides, I don't want it that bad...
  • I'm in for Cloud City and Mos Eisley Cantina, also be good to do the whole Sarlacc Pit scene. I'd also like to see the bounty hunter scene from Empire, be some great minifigs. Also what about Degobah? (sorry if the spelling is off on a few of those).
  • Well, I've got some very concrete ideas on what LEGO should make:

A Cantina set is a must; I think it should have a Bith band, Obi-Wan, Luke, Pondas, an Ithorian, a Jawa, Han, Greedo, and a bartender. I think it would be cool to include a sound brick that plays the iconic Cantina music, a weapons room, removable roof, Luke's speeder, and have around 1,450 pieces. I think it should be priced around the $150 mark (just being realistic, with LEGOs price hike and all)

Invisible Hand, please? It should have Grevious, 2 security droids, 2 Magma Guards (redesigned!), Obi-Wan, Anakin, R2, Dooku, and Palpatine (redesigned!). It should have a small hanger, movable fins and flaps, Dooku's small command pod, 2 flak guns, and a bridge. I also think it would be cool if half the ship could break in half, just like the movie. It probably should be around the $180 mark.

I have a whole list of SW sets on my mind, but these would definitely be my top 2 :)
  • How about Ziro the hut? It is possible, they could use the old Jabba mold???
  • If they're going to take the time to make Ziro the Hutt, they might as well use an improved mold.
  • I'd like to see a Lego Version of the Imperial Landing Pad on Endor, in scale with an At-At and Structurally Sound enough to have An Imperial Shuttle land on it (perhaps not the UCS version but one of the older models...or a new one HINT HINT.)
  • A Cloud City set similar to the Death Star 10188, with different rooms would be interesting. You could have the Han/Leia apartment on top, the landing pad in the middle and a freezing room at the bottom.

A Rancor set is a must as well.
  • edited April 2011
    The expanded universe is barely touched on. Some models would probably be too obscure for many people to recognize, but there are some nice ships out there. I'd love to see an Alpha-class Xg-1 Star Wing Assault Gunboat. Maybe even with UCS treatment.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha-class_Xg-1_Star_Wing
  • I'm not agreed with the proliferation of sets about Clone wars. I know it's the actual business, but I prefer sets, and with preference scenes, about classic saga : Cloud city, Mos Eisley Cantina, Jabba's Palace, Jabba's Sail Barge and so on...
  • A proper cantina set, with the band and everything...
    I agree with @HUW! I have a print of the Cantina and would love to see a set with the bar, and band, and a few tables with about 14 Minifigs (The Band (4x figures), Bartender, Spider Guy, Hammer Head, Snaggle Tooth, Greedo, Han, Chewie, Luke, and Obi-Wan) so I can display it and the print together. Of Course this would be a pretty big set, and to have all those Minifigs it would need to have a lot of bricks to make up for the estimated $150+ price.
  • Of course what I really need for my collection is a real Tie Fighter (I would settle for an actual Tie Defender not that three wing thing they a trying to clear off the shelfs these days). Vader's Tie Advanced is ok, but he needs some wingman when I build the battle of the first Death Star!
  • edited April 2011
    What I think would be great would the the arrest of Palpatine from Revenge of the Sith. Either that or Tipoca City, Theed Palace, or the Mos Eisley Cantina. As far as minifigs go, I think Grand Admiral Thrawn, a Yhuuzan Vong (or however you spell it) warrior, or Mara Jade Skywalker would be nice.
  • edited April 2011
    Of course what I really need for my collection is a real Tie Fighter
    I agree!! Lego seems to like releasing new versions of old sets, and the standard TIE hasn't been re-done for a while, although looking through Brickset there were a lot of releases in the early to mid 2000's, so maybe they think they've done enough. I'm hoping for some sweet 30th anniversary Return of the Jedi sets in a few years.
  • I think that there NEEDS to be a cantina set with a band, Greedo, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke, Obi-Wan, bartender, and some other strange creatures there. Also there could be a Jedi council set, which is a room with lots of chairs and maybe 10 minifigures (Yoda, Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Kit Fisto, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Saesee Tiin, Shaak Ti, Adi Gallia) and a Senate set, with some Senate pod-things with 8 or 9 minifigures (Chancellor Palpatine, Jar Jar, Padme, maybe Valorum, Kharrus, Onaconda Farr, Kharrus' lookalike (i forget the name - hes on Lego SW TCW) Bail Organa, maybe Nute Gunray). There also needs to be a set from Ryloth with some Twi'leks I think they're called, since this scene takes up 3 or 4 episodes in the Clone Wars, Wat Tambor, Mace Windu, Tactical Droid, Droids, Clones and I think Obi-wan and Anakin were there as well.
  • edited April 2011
    I want Queen Padme's Royal Crusier
  • edited April 2011
    Definitely the cantina, but something I haven't seen mentioned yet... what about a Dagobah set with an xwing, yoda's hut and a swamp "forest" of sorts..?
  • ^ That's kinda been done already (minus the swamp "forest"): http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4502-1
  • edited April 2011
    Another vote for the Cantina Band, and a Max Rebo figure with keyboard would be incredible!!
  • Don't think these have been mentioned yet in this thread, but I'd like to see:
    - Rebel Transport ship
    - Ion Cannon
    - Laars Homestead
    - Bantha

And I'll echo the above requests for:
    - Max Rebo Band
    - Rancor
    - Ewok village
    - Cantina band

DaveE
  • An Ewok Village would be fantastic, although if it were to be actually based in the tree tops, I foresee massive singular juniorised brown tree trunk parts. Might be useful for some MOCers, might be unloved by others.
  • @davee123 - my first vote was for the Rebel Transport and boob gun..er...ion cannon but I was shot down as others thought the ship was too simplistic and/or boring. I'm glad I'm not alone though because I would buy 3 of these!
  • Maybe they are saving the cantina for when interest/sales in the SW sets begins to wane. I can't think of any reason they haven't done one yet. Unless their license is only for specific things. That could explain why we get new versions of the same ships over and over. Who knows, their license agreement told them they had to glue the minfigs to the magnets...
  • edited April 2011
    I'd like to see an Ewok village set, and an expanded Cantina with new minifigs they haven't made would also be great.

Still waiting for a proper Amidala minifig. I'm irked that they had her as part of the Lego Star Wars logo for years but never made a minifig like that.
  • edited April 2011
    I'd like to see Yavin 4 rebel base. This would have to include the final ceremonial scene. With all the main characters getting their medals, a Decent sand people with Bantah set, the rebel Headquarter Frigate, the Medical Frigate ( where Luke had his robot hand attached). More Cantina characters:- Shistavanan Wolfman, Lampoid, Chadra-Fan and Ithorian (hammer head). Death Star Trench set........
  • edited May 2011
    What do you call the soldiers in black at the Death Star with oyster-like helmets? Those would be nice figs!
  • ^ Death star gunners.
  • Ok maybe it is because of license or possibly interest but I would really like to see lego a series for the books or comics or both. There are some really good places, ships and aliens that could not only interest all of the star wars fanatics but honestly bring in other space lego fanatics and kids. I know at least the book series is pretty faithful to the star wars series and I know it would not seem like straying to the faithful.

I bet though on a whim that they do not have the license for the books but man anyone who has read the series knows there would be some great builds out there even without the super weapons from the books.
  • I would REALLY like to see another attempt at the Musafar duel. The Star Wars theme focuses too heavily on vehicles and needs some playsets to change things a little bit. OR they could pull a "Home One" and do the interior of the Invisible Hand or Malevolance (Sorry, I can't spell) and pass it off as a playset.
  • I would love to see the full war in star wars episode 1 between the people where yaryar binks is from and the other ones ... lol I cant think of the names at 6am in the morning ...

(been up since 3am)