New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Redbullgivesuwind: Hello from Surrey

Hi Im Jon I live in Guildford in Surrey and have been out of my twilight stage (I loved lego just didnt buy anything) for about 5 years now. I am a historian in training and enjoy movies, martial arts, re enactment, and most music (not heavy rap, Dance or Heavy Metal).

I collect Star Wars and the Castle themes and have a few ideas for MOCs i hope to get off the ground at some point and show them off.

Comments

• Hey Redbullgivesuwind, welcome to the Brickset forums. I'm new as well, and I also enjoy movies. What kind of martial arts do you do, and what kind of reenactment did you mean?

Can't wait to see some of your MOC's. Keep us updated.
  • Hey Jon! Looking forward to seeing some of your MOCs!
  • Welcome aboard Jon! We hope you have a good time here. Now sit back, relax, and have a cup of Lego juice (j/k)
  • Hi neighbour and welcome aboard :)
  • Thanks there are a few up on my flickr feed but they aren't great :-D.

@4WD i do jiu jitsu although its taken a back seat due to work and being prone to injury but hope to pick it up once it quietens down. I do medieval re enactment I'm no longer part of a group but sometimes i do bits at guildford castle. Im not one of those odd people who go to shows dressed even though there not part of it
  • @Redbullgivesuwind

Sorry, was away for a while. Haven't done re-enacting or Jiu Jitsu, but I can say that they both sound quite fascinating. As you're an aspiring historian, do you ever create scenes out of LEGO from history? (Seems like a popular subject judging by the other people's MOC's.)
  • @4WD
    They are great fun do them! Yeah I do try to I dont have alot of time to building but occasionally I will. My doing a redesgin of my medieval church (see profile pick) going for less multi colours. I may have something for AFOLCON not sure yet. What about you
  • @Redbullgivesuwind

Your church looks good, but it will look even better when you fix the multicolours.

Me, I'm not much of a MOCer but like any LEGO fan I love to build. I've got Fire Brigade still built and Hogwarts Castle is being built from my parts bin. I haven't been to a convention here in Canada, but I'd like to some day.
  • yeah its the best bit dont really do the whole MSIB