New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Fire Brigade 10197 missing parts

Comments

• ^I'm considering ordering one from Amazon. But I would not be too worried if it is 39R1 because I emailed LEGO and said they have a whole system set up for that batch of products.
  • Just got my amazon order. I ordered Monday night, and I got a 32R1. I'm not sure that means very much about their stock, other than that they do have some that aren't 39R1. I'm pleased that I got a different lot I have to say, but I wasn't too worried about it either way.
  • OT... Facebook is using FB as its ticker symbol.
  • I just got my amazon order today also, and it was from batch 32R1 as well.
  • Just got another FB in the mail today from Amazon, ANOTHER 39R1 set...

No second tape seal, just the one, so back it goes...

Sheesh!

Glad I picked up 5 more FB from my local Lego store...

Worth noting... They have a new batch out, 50R1... The last batch I saw after 39R1 was batch 44R1, but now 50R1 which is new to me... So possible that Lego made more of these...
  • :( It won't matter to me though because I am not reselling these, just enjoying them. Since I know LEGO has a system set up for the missing bags, I'm not going to worry.
  • One interesting point that my local Lego store made, their time window to have 39R1 sets "repaired" has expired... They no longer can order repair kits or have them sent back to be repaired, whatever it is that they do.

I was told that they now just have to damaged them out and turn them into Grab Bags. Don't know if that is true, but it is what I was told.
  • I recently went to buy the set 7962, as I was inspecting the tape seal, I notice 39R1 printed on there. As I went to inspect the other side of the box, I notice another tape that has 44R1 was apply on top of an existing tape seal. I think all set that were made with 39R1 batch may have problem. Lego may have recalled all 39R1 set, open and inspected, and then resealed them with new serial number. Similar to the Lego story on TV when they have factory shutdown issue.
  • Just received a box from Amazon today with FB in it... All 4 were batch 32R1, so Amazon is sending out both 32R1 and 39R1...

44R1 and 50R1 both seem to be newer than those, the only reports I've read anywhere are with 39R1 being the problem, so here is hoping that 32R1 is good. :)
  • I ordered this set in October direct from Lego; opened it tonight to put it together and was disappointed to find the set was missing pieces. Calling Lego's customer service their rep agreed that I was missing a bag and took my name and address to ship out the bag with no questions asked. While I was slightly put out; I find it hard to complain when they were so apologetic about it.
  • Maybe this has been answered, how do you find the batch number?
  • It should be printed on the stickers sealing the box shut.
  • That's what I thought. Mine are clear with no numbers or letters?
  • Are you sure its not resealed?
  • Sorry, after further inspection, I found it. I must be blind, 50R1

Picked up the last one from the Lego store yesterday and then I saw this thread.

Thanks for the help
  • I was one of the very last to purchase a FB before it went out of stock from Amazon. I received it today and it was a 39R1 batch. I was hoping to keep it sealed, but now am afraid I must open it. Very disappointed in Amazon pushing off products they know are iffy.
  • ^ I think some people had reported that their boxes had both the 39R1 and 50R1 stickers so make sure yours doesn't have both as well.
  • I'm glad I missed out on the Amazon stock then. Hoping for a good batch from Target.
  • My batch code is 03S2 anyone know if this is a problem batch? Cheers
  • I was one of the very last to purchase a FB before it went out of stock from Amazon. I received it today and it was a 39R1 batch. I was hoping to keep it sealed, but now am afraid I must open it. Very disappointed in Amazon pushing off products they know are iffy.
    Exact same thing just happened to me. I carefully opened it up and confirmed I'm missing the bag. I sealed it back up (you'd never know it was opened - I am extremely anal here) and I'm ordering the missing bag now. If I end up selling this one, I'll just include the missing bag with it and tell the buyer he may need it. Or I suppose I could open it back up and throw it in there. Either way, all is good now.
  • Just opened mine this evening,also missing a #1 bag.I purchased mine from ebay so i assume I'm screwed?Can i call lego and buy a bag?This has never happened to me before any help would be great.
  • edited March 2012
    Just call or email LEGO customer service and they will ship out the missing bag to you, free of charge. LEGO is hands down one of the best if not the best customer service out there.
  • LEGO is generally awesome with customer service, yes. But like with any company, it depends on who takes your call and what kind of mood they're in that day. I once was missing a couple of pieces from a set that I bought from Amazon, and the gal at LEGO flat-out told me that I would have to contact Amazon to resolve it and that there was nothing she could do for me, short of selling me the missing pieces. I was so caught off guard by that.

So naturally I just called back and got someone else on the line who was very happy to ship me the free pieces.
  • Called lego this morning,missing bag is on its way customer service was awesome,this is why i don't mind buying lego...great company :)
  • edited March 2012
    Having read most of the posts here but not all 6 pages of the thread, I take it that this is a US only problem? Or do people in Europe have missing bags as well? When I built my first FB batch # 31S9 it was only missing the bottom yellow sliding pole. I have 5 FB MISB which have batch # 37S0 so I think it will be ok!?
  • Got my FB from Target today, it is batch 50R1.
  • In Glendale, AZ Lego Store today ... no FB on shelves. I asked if they were discontinued, and was told that they have about 10 of them in the back waiting for replacement part bags. Apparently someone bought one in the last few weeks from this store that was missing a bag, so they pulled all of them off the shelf.

I bought a FB there mid-March to save (batch 50r1) ... I was told I could bring it in, they'd open it and check the bags, and reseal it. I may try that, or just return it. Seems like there are problem sets still out there, not just 39r1.
  • ^ so wait... there are problem batches other than 39R1?
  • Nice... It's impossible. Another batch with same issue. :/
    I'm waiting for mine (from mid-March too). I'm going to die.
  • I had one from 50r1 that was miss a 4x12 black plate.
  • Just received my FB from S@H. It's batch 11R2. Any thoughts on if it might be missing parts?
  • My FB arrived this week from S@H and was also batch 11R2.
  • I think everyone should open them up just to make sure everything is a-ok =)
  • I'm planning on doing an inventory on pieces sometime this week for the 11R2 batch.
  • I purchased a 39R1 back in December from the Lego Store in Bellview WA.

Set was missing the bag of ~100 some parts. Called lego they shipped me a replacement bag.

Arrived within 7 day from Denmark. All parts were there plus lot's of extras.

LEGO staff were a pleasure to work with. Very appologetic.
  • I had one from 50r1 that was miss a 4x12 black plate.
    anybody else missing parts from 50r1?

• Got 2 in from S@H both are 11R2 weigh 6.5lbs. guessing problem may be fixed.
  • Didn't this happen with a few UCS Millenium Falcons? Apparently they're supposed to weigh the each box themselves before sending it out to retailers, etc. Very disappointing to hear of it happening again, I must say.
  • My girlfriend's sister got this set for Christmas this year. She started building it and was missing pieces. As it turned out it was indeed a whole bag of the little parts. I called Lego and they sent the bag to me. It took a bit of time as it came right from Denmark, I live in the US. Upon completion it seems there was an extra bag of different pieces. On National Geographic in December/January on Ultimate Factories, they had Lego as an episode. Every set gets weighed as it comes off the line. They have such a small tolerance, there must have been the extra bag to throw off the weight. The parts arrived faster than expected, free of charge.
  • Clarification - at the Glendale AZ store again today, and was told that only lot 39r1 is bad. So whatever I was told & posted yesterday was incomplete at best, or just plain wrong. My apologies.
  • Clarification - at the Glendale AZ store again today, and was told that only lot 39r1 is bad. So whatever I was told & posted yesterday was incomplete at best, or just plain wrong. My apologies.
    good to know!

• Just weight two FB sets.
    Set 44R1 is 6lb 4.3oz
    Set 11R2 is 6lb 4.2oz

If you are wondering about your sets weight them.
  • edited April 2012
    What do the bad ones weigh?
  • Did anyone ever do an inventory on the most recent batches. I got the FB from S@H 2 weeks ago and it is a batch 11R2. I was not planning to open it right away...but now I am not so sure.
  • Mate, all seems to be good with anything other than 39R1. However, if you are planning on openinvg at any point, it might as well be now....just for peace of mind. :o)
  • Well, I found an unopened #10197 Fire Brigade set on Amazon, and had the money to buy it, and it came in the post yesterday. Well...I wish I knew about this little detail, some sets in the 39r1 batch were missing a lot of parts, probably a whole bag full... Guess which set I got! Yes, one of the sets with the missing parts. I had no idea this set was one of the affected ones, there was no way of knowing when buying it.
    By my count, its missing 82 pieces, and I bet I probably missed something in my count. The missing pieces show up on practically the first step too.
    From what I have read, the missing parts are only in the 1st section, the fire truck and ground floor, I haven't opened the 2nd section yet. I hope that is accurate, or I guess I will have a second missing parts order to make...
    I made a list and then ordered the missing bits from Lego, I hope they arrive quickly. The photo shows how far I got without the missing parts, not far!
    IMAG0252.jpg
    1163 x 720 - 368K
  • Since you've already ordered parts it probably doesn't help you now but you could still do it, but in the future if you just call LEGO customer service they will almost always send you out the parts. Especially when it is something they know is a problem like that batch.
  • I wasn't sure about that, since it is a retired set, that they wouldn't do anything. It was nearly Midnight when I was doing the list of parts, and went ahead and ordered them. I might call them anyway now that it is daytime! I guess I was a little obsessed last night.