New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Official LEGO DC 2012 Pics

edited November 2011 in The Database
http://www.brickheroes.com/2011/11/lego-dc-2012-les-images-officielles/

So, comments?

Sorry if someone linked this before.

Comments

• Oh and if you click on the set names in the article it links you to amazon so you can zoom in on the pics.
  • My wallet just died a little inside.
  • Not sure if it's just me, but these seem distinctly dumbed-down and 'cartoony' compared with the previous Batman sets.

I'll buy them all the same, however !
  • To me, these are actually a return to the comics and cartoons on which I grew up. And not all of the last Batman sets were gritty...just look at the Batwing, Batmobile, Catwoman motorcycle, Harley Quinn ATV, and penguin sub. But I'll be honest, from the last batches, my favorite sets were indeed the tumbler, Arkham and the much nicer Bat Cave. For some reason, I just started day dreaming about a Thundarr the Barbarian theme... :o)
  • Thx for the link AScaryOctopus.
    Like DrDave said...they're a little 'simpler' in the builds compared to Lego's first Batman run. I do like all of them except the Bat-Cave. I guees it's a little simpler than the first version plus I know it'll have a big price tag attached too.
    I do have a feeling though the Marvel Sets will have a better appeal build and design-wise.
  • On looking at the Bat Cave again...it would've been better to have gone the route of some more rock/burps to sculpt out the cave better and having some trophies like the big T-Rex, giant penny, etc...somewhat ala' Dick Sprang's Secrets of the Batcave poster - http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/04/05/dick-sprangs-secrets-of-the-batcave-art-is-an-encyclopedia-of/
    Obviously can't do all but some more details here and there.
  • You could probably "borrow" the T-Rex from the Dino set. Don't know what could be done about the penny Legowise BUT I have seen giant pennies before. It'd probably be a decent substitute.
  • My only gripe is the Batmobile. Compared to the original this one is horrible! Other than that I like them and I'll buy every one:)
  • I was thinking you could buy multiple Catwoman sets just for the traffic light and corner to add to your Cityscapes and flip the extra CW and Batman.
    I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd want just a Lego Batman and nothing else.
  • The box art says that it includes a comic!
  • From looking at them again, my emerging favourite has to be Superman vs. Lex Luthor. And I'm pretty far removed from being a Superman fan in general - but it's just so damn cool.
  • Oh these sets are so bought, and they don't even know it yet!
  • had absolutely zero interest in LEGO superheroes before the pics.

Still have zero interest. Nothing exactly wrong with them - just not my cup o tea I suppose.
  • I really Like the Lex Luthor vs Superman set, plus wonder woman is an awesome fig! Will probably ignore the batman ones as I'm not really blown away by them, Meh!
  • Where is the Green Lantern set? That is the only one I am really interested in.
  • edited November 2011
    The must-have for me is the Superman/Lex/Wonderwoman set, considering its relatively small size it should be pretty affordable (awesome figures + cool mech + low(ish) price = instant purchase). I'll get the Catwoman set too, but the rest of the Batman sets can wait until sales bring down the prices to an appropriate level.
  • @llanowarsoldier I read somewhere that it won't be any green lantern set...the only minifig was the one at comic con convention.
  • I like the 'idea' of this new superhero line, but I personally don't care for the sets. I do agree the Superman/Wonder Woman/ Lex Luther set is a better one, and I'll probably get it. I'd be more interested in being able to buy just the minifigs though and simply add them to my existing City sets and Modulars.
  • These images do nothing for me. Which honestly makes me excited because this means there's finally a Lego theme I won't be spending money on.
  • @dougts @Odindusk I'm with you guys on that. Although I maybe buying some of the Catwoman sets for the street light and newspapers. I count at least two newspapers.
  • ^ Yeah those traffic lights are cool, Gonna have alot of stray Batman and Catwoman minifigs me thinks....
  • edited November 2011
    ^ It's funny what different people like in a set. Having just read a comment that complains they've replaced the Bat-dragster with a set of traffic lights, it's cool to see someone thinking the other way round!

Just seen this on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-SUPERMAN-WONDER-WOMAN-minifig-Superheroes-NYC-Comic-Con-2012-/140639506314?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item20bec48f8a
    I didn't think that Wonderwoman was on offer at any of the comic cons? And even so, how did they get so many Supermen?

Edit: He must have access to 2012 sets... as there's also this Batman and Joker Combo on offer...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-BATMAN-JOKER-minifigs-Superheroes-2012-NYC-Comic-Con-RARE-/140639529145?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item20bec4e8b9
  • @andhe yea someone earlier was talking about someone having about 100 of all the minifigures from the DC line up on bricklink. Someones getting them early it appears. Good thing is once these things start showing up on ebay and bricklink they'll come out in stores soon enough too
  • I'm with you guys on that. Although I maybe buying some of the Catwoman sets for the street light and newspapers. I count at least two newspapers.
    I'm exactly the same. My Bricklink store will probably be well stocked with purple bikes etc next year!
  • I'll be getting more or less all the heroes range. I think the catwomen set will be my first shortly followed by batcave with bane and poison ivy.
  • edited November 2011
    I think we'll see them on the Dec/26 at stores shelves across the board. Stores usually fill out the empty shelves with new products right after Christmas, specially at Target. Also, grabbed a December Calendar at my nearest LEGO store yesterday, and there's no event between the 26 and the 31 on it, just a banner across these days advertising the new line-up, including DC, NinjaGo (which were already spotted at some Target), Hero Factory (have zero interest on this one), DIno (already available at TRU) and City (New sets available both at TRU and LEGO Stores).
  • ^Thx for the tip on Target after Xmas. Usually the Lego Stores have some great 50% sets on the 26th too. Dino is also available at the Lego Stores, not just TRU.
  • ^ It's funny what different people like in a set. Having just read a comment that complains they've replaced the Bat-dragster with a set of traffic lights, it's cool to see someone thinking the other way round!
    I wish I hadn't bothered to pick up the previous set with Catwoman as I'd rather have the traffic light and newspapers than that silly Bat-dragster. Not sure if I'll get this one or not. I still don't like the newer motorcycles which I think are a bit oversized. I miss the old motorcycles from the 80s. I thought the first Batmobile was too big to look right amongst other Lego 4 and 6 wide vehicles so I like that they downsized it some this time around.
    I'll probably get Superman/Wonder Woman vs Luthor as my wife will want us to have the Wonder Woman minifig.

Still really itching to see the Marvel sets. I will probably want most of those since I have always preferred Marvel over DC.

• Still really itching to see the Marvel sets. I will probably want most of those since I have always preferred Marvel over DC.
    I'm guessing those are under strict lock and key as Avengers movie tie-in sets (eg hulk heli-carrier breakout and the loki one) and won't be seen til nearer the film's may release date. That said, some of the PoP and PotC sets bear no resemblance to the films they're supposedly linked to!
  • @legoDad I remember in 2009, I went to Target right after Xmas (it was my first few months of being an AFOL), trying to find the City Minifigure collection on sale, and found a bunch of new sets that weren't there on the 24th. Later on I found out these were new 2010 releases.
  • Debating whether these are worth it... They seem geered very much so towards kids, while the previous sets utilized more advanced building.
  • Also for sale on Amazon a little bit cheaper
    http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B006JQ7AZC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=AU5X3MGIW0W7U
    I am going to wait for the smaller sets to collect the minifigs .. they look cool but as most people have said not as dark as the last ones (which I haven't got ONE of).
    Are there about 10 superhero or superbaddie minifigs to collect ?