New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• @andyscouse - The manager mentioned it to me when I went in to use the ribbon build discount over the weekend. He asked if our LUG and another in the Milwaukee area were interested in helping with the giant model build for the grand opening.

I am not confirmed as a volunteer yet though. I've simply told him I will be available if they still need people.

I'll try to get a count on the PaB dimensions next time I'm over there. It's an hour+ away though, so my next trip will likely be the grand opening in two weeks.
  • edited April 2012
    @iccarus - ah, ok. Thanks in advance for the dimensions (and it's the Nashville TN store, right)? Isn't it marvellous being able to help out in these kinds of ways?
  • No, the Wauwatosa, WI store.
  • Excellent - thank you.
  • @andyscouse my store is at brickbuildr, I've just got to do it. I keep forgetting to take the form with me. LEGO asks for volunteers through the LUG.

@iccarus the SW door is already open and I'm blaming sidersdd :)
  • Panicking as I'm making last minute preparations for my daily Farmer Wilf brickstory.
  • Wondering how the hell I'm going to be able to afford Superheroes, LotR and now MonsterFighters :-(
  • @andyscouse my store is at brickbuildr, I've just got to do it. I keep forgetting to take the form with me. LEGO asks for volunteers through the LUG.

@iccarus the SW door is already open and I'm blaming sidersdd :)
    @Jenni Heh-heh. You shouldn't have found those PQ pyramids for dirt cheap. :)

It doesn't look like we'll make it to the Nashville store opening. I was even going to see if I could help volunteer at the event. But work is killing me right now. The Indianapolis store is going to have their 1 year anniversary event the first weekend in June. I'll get my 30% off then. I'm hoping they'll have the LEGO Store Model, but I'm guessing it'll just be the minifig packs. If you have any money left you should come up for that event too.

FWIW, Brickworld just emailed out that they will again be having the LEGO store discount (up to 30% off) for convention attendees this year. Part of me misses the 50% off discounts they used to have, but the method for getting it was so chaotic and random that it wasn't worth it.
  • Wondering what Lego to reward myself with once I finish the really dull IT testing thing I'm doing today at work.
  • ^ If you haven't already, you need to get the S7 IT guy ... (I finally got some S7 at TRU on Wed, ahead of Lego having them here)
  • @andyscouse - Have. x3. Though I may end up killing one later if this afternoon is as bad as the morning :-)
    I was thinking of a bit more substantial reward (it's really really boring...)
  • ^ How about one of the SH or Marvel sets? You could put an IT guy in the Batcave, for example, and he could be in charge of the computers while Batman does his thing?
  • @sidersdd :( that sucks though if I'm working the whole weekend I wouldn't really see you except to wave. I'd come to the anniversary except I won't have any money left because I'll be in LEGOland Florida. If the Jambalaya box gets to you late in the week we may just come get it from you if that works with your schedule.

Off to check out day one of the celebration and try to figure out what the heck is going on.
  • LostInTranslation has lost her marbles. Have just spent aeons in Asda feeling out around 25 Series 5 and 6 CMFs to help my colleague's little boy complete his collection. I'm now slightly anxious about this, I bloody well hope she was serious and that I'm not stuck with a gazillion CMFs I don't need! I'll find out on Monday I guess...
  • The prices on ebay seem to have gone through the floor lately - have been winning auctions at ridiculous prices.
  • edited April 2012
    As a side organisational piece, I purchased from bricklink 7 16x16 baseplates to split my star wars minifigures between the original 3 films, the 3 prequels, and then the Clone Wars figures. I am pretty astounded to find that I have far more Clone Wars figures than anything else (no space left on the plate!). I think what caught me out is that on closer inspection, a lot more sets are Clone Wars than you realise, i.e. Geonosian Cannon is a great example of one I thought was from Attack of the Clones, but is actually a Clone Wars set.

err, so to summarise that was my lego status, carefully arranging star wars figs by film on to their own 16x16 plate.
  • Trying to brinklink the new Lego mini store. Can't find the 2x3 wall panels.
  • While my lazy eldest is doing yard work, I built the yellow Lego truck ...and why not?! With a cup of tea, of course. Several, actually.
  • Built the whitehouse, very good build.
  • Never bid on ebay using your phone just accidently put in a max bid of £56 on a knights arsenal. This could be a very expensive set.
  • edited April 2012
    ^ yeah Ive had problems with the phone ebay app - very easy to miss parts of the item description with that interface too.
  • ^yeah had that problem too and often my phone cuts off words at the end of the sentance as well. So i have to guess. Fortunatly the knights arsenal didnt go above £13
  • Starting build of the UCS Batmobile on a beautiful Sunday morning while sipping coffee... life sure is grand =)
  • edited April 2012
    Went to a Lego Store last night in Boston for the first time since coming out of the dark ages last November. Was AWESOME! A few great things happened.

- Seeing the SSD completed has re-affirmed my want for this set.
    - Seeing the sheer size of Town Hall has me thinking I'll be grabbing the Modular buildings from now on...Starting with Fire Brigade soon.
    - Grabbed the following sets and can't wait until we get home so we can start building...

Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout
    Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape
    Wolverine's Chopper
    Tie Fighter
    Batman & Two Face Chase
    Solomon Guggenheim Museum
    Boba Fett Key Chain

PLUS...
    On our drive down to the states from Canada I picked up the Naboo Starfighter for 40% off @ Zellers AND also grabbed the Slave 1 and X-wing sets that I purchased off bricklink.

Lego status = Satisfied
  • Just finished the mini modulars. Great build, I like them way more than I thought I would.

Does anybody else try and put their blinders on when they enter a lego store and they have sets displayed that you eventually want to get? Lol, I do. I prefer not to see them in person before I build them.
  • Finished my desgin in LDD for my MOC corner theatre today and just finished the first building in the Pet Shop modular. Love the painter guy on the 2nd floor. Put the bucket and paint roller tray down and couldn't figure out what those would be until I got to the next pages.
  • @Redbullgivesuwind you can retract bids, as long as you still put on another (eg £5.60 or whatever you were wanting to put). I once thought I was bidding on 4 spartans... turned out the picture just showed 4... but I got to cancel my bid (of £12!).
  • @andhe thanks, I did try that but it only had 5 minutes to go and you cant retract with less than six hours to go. It stayed at £13 so that wasnt to bad and i did want the set.
  • building the first tower in the Tower Bridge. The guy at the store told me the whole build would take eight hours. Eight hours my butt. Enjoying it so far though.
  • Wishing I could go to AFOLCon / Lego Show ...
  • Finally sat down and put together the Superman/Lex Luthor Power Armor set that's been sitting on the shelf for almost a month. It was a suprisingly fun build for a $20 set. I almost want to put together an army of them now.
  • Just gave my 5 year old son a brick separator, he's amazed at how it works. Also finally booked my Lego Show tickets... so excited :)
  • edited April 2012
    Selling like crazy - have decided which sets I want to'thin' my collection by, and I want to change the focus slightly. Time for some spring pruning!!
    Plan to reduce the space used by 500-700 litres.
  • Wondering why he always finds the piece he dropped immediately after giving up searching the carpet for 10minutes. Maybe I should just give up earlier :p
  • Has 14 Bricklink orders and one Pick a Brick order enroute and thinks I might need an intervention. Or is this normal?
  • ^ Depends on what you are making. I did the same not so long ago, to build a Cafe Corner.
  • Cafe Corner and Green Grocer at the same time...lol Also filling in some missing bricks from some bulk buys. Oh and also had about 90% of USS Constellation in my collection so im trying to finish that off as well.
  • You sound like you're going to be very busy!
  • Looking forward to AFOLCON whilst 'bricking it' (excuse the pun) about my display being rubbish!!
  • Deciding if I should pay £30 for the family to go to the Lego show or just spend £30 on lego (or remove £30's worth from storage - a fire temple perhaps?)

Oh what to do?
  • Which will you remember in 6 months time?
    Lego show for sure :o)
    See u there ..
  • Working on the May the 4th purchase list. I need to decide the best distance to go with the money.
  • Why do parcels always weigh 5 kilos AND 10 GRAMMES or 3 kilos AND 20 GRAMMES?
  • Waiting for the supplies to build my custom army minifigs this Friday!
  • Still waiting for the parts I ordered from Lego to build my mini Lego store!
  • PAB order is in! Now just waiting on Bricklink orders to start Cafe Corner!
  • Just built 7597 Toy Story Train. Weirdest thing though, in bag one were 2 blue connectors that weren't even in the instructions. Also in bag 5 were 2 large red wheels that looked similar to the other 8 but weren't in the inventory section of the booklet let alone the instructions. Anyone else have that issue? I went through the instructions twice and still stumped.
  • Just about to leave on the first leg of the journey up to Manchester! Woohoo!
  • ^Wow, from High Wycombe to Manchester on one leg! Is that for charity? ;P
  • @starfire2 The Toy Story train has two "blind drivers" (no flange on edge) probably because of the possibility of using the wheels on the Emerald Night. They didn't want to make another set with just blind wheels, so they included them here. Not to mention you could make your Toy Story train engine longer.

On a related note: I just finished recreating a MOC Toy Story train from Eurobricks in LEGO Digtal Designer (link to the Original MOC: eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69176&pid=1271961&st=0&#entry1271961 ) in my railroad's colors of Black w/ red stripe. There is a picture below in case anyone would like to see. So my status is now "Hopeful I have enough space / money to buy all the Lego I want this year!"
    Old Steam5.PNG
    702 x 355 - 92K