New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• ^ Can just see Stephanie driving her 'cool convertible' across Tower Bridge, Olivia piloting the Falcon and Andrea running the Cafe. :o !! Don't do it fellas!! ;)
  • ^ Silly @princedraven. You know I like the sets but am not keen on the minidolls. Batman will be driving the Batmobile across TB, Leia will be piloting the MF and Toy story aliens will be running the Cafe.
  • ^ I hope Han has insurance. ;o)
  • ^ On behalf of my gender, hey!
  • [Princess Leia (Lois from Family Guy) is addressing a group of rebel pilots]

Leia: May I have everyone's attention please? We're evacuating into outer space with literally infinite directions in which to flee. However, we have decided that our transports will travel directly towards the fleet of stormtroopers. Any questions?

Rebel Pilot: Yeah, um, is there someone from the military we can talk to, a man perhaps?
  • Received LEGO Duck set today
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=2011-2

Trying to complete the theme. On a related note, shouldn't this one be categorized as "Miscellaneous - Employee Gift":
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=2010-2
  • edited March 2012
    On a related note, shouldn't this one be categorized as "Miscellaneous - Employee Gift":
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=2010-2
    I think that it's there because it's clearly a games set, as a HP polybag is with HP sets, but a polybag (or duck) that doesn't have a clear theme goes under Promotional.
  • Finished 2/3 of my custom Modular Apartment, can't wait to go home and finish my first official MOC!
  • It's a fun build @starfire2. I did mine last weekend :)
  • I'm doing mine right now. I had one before. It was/ is a great build.
  • Showed my 3 year old girl the image of the CMF Series 7 lineup. She wants the Aztec warrior, space marine, and evil knight. Of course. Also wants the rabbit dude and the princess. I thought, phew, finally getting her interested in the girly stuff. Turns out she only wants the princess so that her ninjas can steal her crown for treasure and make one of themselves King - or something like that.
  • ^ our daughters are going to get on so well. My daughter's reluctantly headed to bed having left the threatened LEGO seek and find contest too late to start tonight.

My status is drowning in polybags having finally opened the packages from @lostintranslation and @collect_that. I hope little one has some good grades on her report card to give me the excuse to give some to her.
  • On hold to John Lewis to order Police Stations at £18, has been ringing for 15 mins...
  • ^ On hold for 28 mins, got through to some indian guy who hung up after my first sentence... :-(
  • @Matthew can you order an extra? I'll chip in for the call ;-)
  • 2 day phone conference just finished.
    Built the Maersk ship whilst doing it!
  • ^I hope it was a domestic call =)
  • A 2 day phone conference?! o.O I get antsy on a 30 minute call. Ugh.

Debating on what to build next.

• Proud father of my first MOC =)
    MOC-1 Front.JPG
    720 x 960 - 344K
  • ^What are you going to name it?
  • ^Sunshine Condo for the rooftop patio. This served as good practice and learned a lot from it.

MOC-2 (Modular Museum) & -3 (Osama Bin Laden Raid with Stealth Blackhawks) are in planning stages. It's going to be a long road, but think they'll both be worth it in the end.
  • You did a great job for your first MOC. I couldn't do that well.
  • Thanks @starfire2! It kinda takes a life of its own once you get started. Pics of the internals are on another thread, complete with big screen TV =)

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/61483#Comment_61483
  • @brickdancer It's spectacular Wynn, excellent job!
  • Right, time to make some roller derby players, hockey players (with little black skirts, yay!), footballers and a gay couple's wedding topper :-D
  • edited March 2012
    ^Do you have pics of your footballers @Savage_Steel? How about american football? I'm on to the minifigs too. May not be your cup of tea, but how about this Navy SEAL Team 6?

Thanks a lot @Jenni! This is what happens when you have a lot of midnight oil to burn.

Lego SEAL Team 6.JPG
    640 x 480 - 138K
  • Right, time to make some roller derby players, hockey players (with little black skirts, yay!), footballers and a gay couple's wedding topper :-D
    I got 34 hockey players, and planning to build a hockey arena MOC. My gf actually wants to custom make jerseys, complete with numbers and names, using cloth material. It's a little insane considering that it would be alot of work for someone who is not the Lego collector, but I'm sure the final product would look great.

I got 34 hockey players, and planning to build a hockey arena MOC. My gf actually wants to custom make jerseys, complete with numbers and names, using cloth material. It's a little insane considering that it would be alot of work for someone who is not the Lego collector, but I'm sure the final product would look great.
    Wow! I would love to see some photographs of the finished product.
  • That won't be for some time. But I would definitely post pics when that time comes. The jerseys, or sweaters, would likely be done first.
  • That won't be for some time. But I would definitely post pics when that time comes. The jerseys, or sweaters, would likely be done first.
    NHL team?
  • Right now I'm not sure. I may do NHL greats/HOFers or All Stars.

Technically, we're Sharks fans. Though we love the franchise, but the team right now, not so much. Even if we decided on that, it may be better to have a rival team on the (lego) ice with them (i.e. Wings, Kings, or Ducks). We'll see.
  • edited March 2012
    Lol! just to clarify - these are field hockey players and English footballers (soccer!) I've not finished the hockey player, these are the footy ones:
    This one is for my brother in law - I didn't bother making shorts for it, as it's a fan shirt.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=205059782927512&set=a.183280968438727.28350.183256265107864&type=1&theater
    This one is DrDaveWatfords:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=199449000155257&set=a.183280968438727.28350.183256265107864&type=1&theater

I like your navy SEALS @brickdancer they look great, though yeah, a kickboxer is my most violent minifig so far!
  • ^ I thought you probably meant real hockey not ice :)
  • Savage, do you have S4 soccer (football) players? If so, are you using them with the ones you made? Curious if you plan on making a field for them and having yourself a football game.
  • No, the footballers are all from scratch with kits for specific teams, made to order. They're for other people. I do have one of the football sets though, quite good fun.http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=3420-1 - might make a Sheffield Wednesday team at some point for it.
  • Why would I buy a full price Anakins Podracer mini-kit at TRU! (30057) Took it to price scan and forgot to take it out. Got 2 Toy Story Alien Spaceships (30070) though so I'm happy! A few hundred more and I'll be ready to make The Claw =-)
  • Chuffed with my semi-bargainous King's Castle (now built) but my love of Lego is overshadowed by the heartbreaking films I've seen as part of the Sport Relief charity telethon this evening (www.bbc.co.uk/sportrelief)
    If you take a fiver from your Lego budget, you could donate it to help Sport Relief buy a vaccine that will stop a child in Africa from dying of diarrhoea. Gives you a sense of perspective doesn't it?
  • Going to work on finishing up my 10'x6' city/train table so I can actually start building on it and probably make a couple more of my CubeDudes that bricklinked.
  • Gnashing my teeth because my most recent Bricklink purchases were based on some faulty assumptions...
  • edited March 2012
    ^ Know the feeling - I hate that point when you've got the invoice and you know that you really didnt need that line item as much as you thought you did .. but I never like to ask to change it, must be hassle enough running a BL store.
    --
    I'm hammering bricklink hard to complete the almost-done Cafe Corner extra floor, put the final touches on the Maersk ship Mod I'm finishing up, and for the engine shed I'm about to start, plus numerous other random ideas.

Must get round to finishing the town hall some time - currently it has a floor of cafe corner resting on it, and it clashes horribly!

• Mine just changed. "Making Lego Rock Raiders Movie." You can see my trailer for it here: http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoMishapsDirector?feature=mhee

I should really post my Lego status on my Facebook!
  • Having just spent 3 hours and far too much money getting re-blonded, I wish I was a minifig and could change my hair as often as I liked...
  • edited March 2012
    ^lol!

Spent the morning brewing beer at Blue Bee Brewery. The minifigs helped out, then we went for lunch in the pub:
    imageimageimageimageimage
    P1060102.JPG
    768 x 1024 - 486K
    P1060094.JPG
    4000 x 3000 - 5M
    P1060100.JPG
    768 x 1024 - 359K
    P1060095.JPG
    768 x 1024 - 326K
    P1060094.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 311K
    P1060132.JPG
    1017 x 1024 - 471K
  • Made the last 4 of my Cube Dudes that I could before my missing parts for Dengar and Boba come in.

And finished up my "train set" table for building my LEGO world with trains!
  • ^^Wow savage, nice building!
  • ^^ Nice. I want a table like that for my city! :)
  • ^ it is going to take me a while to build it all up. I'm going to start by just laying out my trains so I can play with them while thinking of what I want to do with all the space. I know my modulars will go up on it in a city street at some point but I'm not even sure I want to put them together yet. My starting point is going to be the recessed section which I have a bridge made for for the train. That section is going to be a river with a waterfall (small one) at the mid point. Going to build a mountain of sorts center left to "feed" the waterfall and put a train tunnel through it. I might have to move the recessed one to the center though to be able to curve the track from the mountain tunnel to the bridge.
  • So much LEGO to buy, but no money. :(
  • ^ I think that applies to many/most AFOLs and kids.
  • Thanks @brickdancer, but it's not my pub - it's in/is of the Rutland Arms in Sheffield:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000727651579
    They're gonna be serving the beer we brewed (named after our team mascot). It was a pretty fun day.