New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.

Once you've signed up, please wait 12 hours or so for your account to be approved.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

EXPIRED: [US] Walmart: clearance, 50% Off

Comments

• ^ If you're still in Northern California, I have a Slave 1 to trade. I'm located in San Jose. I was able to find two Slave 1 sets at Walmart, and had both in my cart, but I saw another guy in the aisle looking for it, so I gave one of them to him. The one that I did buy is an extra one, so it's yours if you want it.
  • edited December 2011
    First time commenting in this thread for me. I wanted to say thank you for the active posts. When I first read about this 50% off madness, I was unable to get to any Walmarts for a couple of days. I had to wait until taking a trip today from northern Michigan back to Louisville. I stopped at the 10 Walmarts that were visible from the interstate, and had mostly "meh" luck. But that was expected since I was searching for scraps. My modest haul:

The Burrow (x2)
    City of Atlantis
    Blacksmith Attack
    Cursed Cobra Statue
    Flying Mummy Attack
    Atlantis Exploration HQ (marked down to $18.50 from $50!)

I passed on the only Slave-1 that I came across, as I don't collect Star Wars. Almost pulled the trigger for the value alone, but left it for someone else to better enjoy it than I would.

I struck out on what I was hoping to find (MVR and Earth Defense HQ) but I was pleased to find a couple of Burrows. The thrill of the hunt was fun.
  • edited December 2011
    PS: as of 10pm on 12/28 the Seymour, Indiana store (1600 E. Tipton Street) had at least 6x remaining City of Atlantis @ $35 after I bought my one.
  • Odindusk....sounds like you got a nice haul. Have fun!!
  • Wow... this thread really took a turn since last I checked yesterday. I had average success relative to everyone else. My limits for what i could buy was how much would fit into my SUV, which was not much considering I was driving back from my in-laws with my wife and 2 kids and dog hauling all the gifts we received during Christmas.

People who want specific Lego sets cannot realistically wait on a 50% sale that may come each year. If you want them badly enough, buy it at retail or wait for a 25% off sale (ie BOGO). Lego, unlike some other toy collectibles, are easy to obtain at retail. I collect Marvel Universe action figures and sometimes you are lucky to see certain characters on pegs and I never wait for a sale to pick them up. I most likely am competing with other collectors or scalpers, but I understand that its about supply and demand.

• Took long enough, but this finally hit slickdeals...if you want a chance at anything, best to go today. I left plenty of SW (incl Slave 1's) and PQ sets in SE Michigan in Canton and Belleville if anyone is close by those.

http://slickdeals.net/f/3766744-Walmart-B-M-LEGO-Clearance-50-off-many-Lego-sets-Master-Thread-YMMV?p=46436936&;
  • This isn't the first time that there's been a fight over hoarding or buying out sets on Brickset, and it certainly won't be the last. To counter someone who complained about resellers taking out the fun of buying LEGO, I wrote a month ago that 'no one here is keeping score.' Well, pie on my face, there's been too many posts, threads, comments since then to prove that statement wrong, wrong, wrong.

I worry that the Brickset forum is becoming more about the money and 'investment' and if it goes in that direction, it goes in that direction. For this forum is just a reflection of the people who participate in it. But I have to ask, is this the best 'we' that we can be?

For people who are going to resell their sets, examine carefully the weight and the seals on the sets. Too many times the sets I bought at Walmart had been tampered with. Parts and minifigs stolen, only to be returned, and have the next dumb customer like me, buy it, open it a few weeks later to find a whole bunch missing. Walmart is notorious for this scam, and the LEGO rep that I spoke to for replacements parts, knew all too well the problem with Walmart. Having a buyer complain about missing parts that you sold as MISB, that's a headache waiting to happen.
  • edited December 2011
    A little late coming in, but believe me it's not through not trying. Desperately resisted posting until 2.30am, spent an hour in bed drafting a post on my phone only to lose it all at 3:30am just as I was finishing. Spent another hour and twenty repeating (you'd think it would be faster the second time)......only to lose it all again (4:50am)! @Huw, the manual 'save draft' feature doesn't work on the WP7 phone browser!! But then it is WP7 so I guess I've left myself wide open haven't I!? :o)

Let me see if I've got this right - third time lucky, here go....

@Pacific493 - you are quite right, personal insults and punches are not required here. I fell foul of it a couple of weeks ago when I made a poor effort of originally trying to flush this problem out. I wrongly attacked LFT personally of which I have apologised.

You continue to suggest that you are doing the store a favour or that they should be grateful to you for clearing them out in one fell swoop. Have you not considered that after your visit in the early hours, there might follow twenty other fellow Bricksetters or AFOLS in hope that they can grab one or two? I'd think it likely that WalMart's shelves would be more or less bare by the end of the day in any case. WalMart therefore would still be happy - probably happier given they've put a smile on twenty one customers' faces and not just one.

Again, @Pacific493 - you feel frustrated that MFL has yet to provide you with some sort of "objective standard or criteria". Surely it just comes down to sheer decency and goodwill? If you were to arrive at a party to face a platter full of sandwiches, being first through the door would you as quickly as you could clear the sandwiches onto your plate just because you were hungry? Of course not! The host doesn't feel the need to limit their guest to two rounds of bread. They'd hope that they'd be mature and courteous enough to leave enough food for everybody else to enjoy. Just because one's first through the door, it doesn't mean they have to try their damndest to make sure nobody else gets a look in and keep it all to themselves? 'Brickset' is not a 'dog eat dog' or "early birds gets worm" culture. Other members might like a look in.

"I certainly get what it means to be a part of this community". Really.......really?? This isn't directed solely at Pacific but to all other 'extreme resellers', and correct me if I'm wrong, but by my last count, there is still a member of our community (of which you all belong) who missed out on a $35 Mill Raid. The 'community' didn't even have the courtesy to respond to his plea. Instead, just three posts later, he's having his nose rubbed in the fact that he wasn't as quick off the mark as others with a photo of someone's haul shoved in his face. Shameful!

To all:- Brickset, or rather it's forum area was developed to serve AFOLs and assist them in sharing ideas and gain experience from other LEGO set collectors. It wasn't put together to serve as a pager to the resellers prompting them to jump in their car and compete in the 'Let's See Who Can Clear off a Shelf First' competition and brag about it on their way to next store. It's a fantastic resource tool of which doesn't cost a penny to use - how about we put a little back into the community and one of you see @romdam right? Furthermore, if you really can't resist clearing off a shelf, please refrain from publicly giving us a blow by blow account of how 'successful' you've been in every other thread. Like Yellowcastle correctly pointed out, their is a specific brag thread for this - one that I will be avoiding from now on.
  • edited December 2011
    @flump6523 and to all: think about how silly this whole drama looks to anyone else in the world that would like a small meal today. For everyone complaining about the next person, we could have millions (billions?) of people complaining that this entire forum isn't sharing our TOY Lego money with the rest of the world for food, clothes, medicine, etc. Remember, every dollar spent on these plastic bricks by everyone in this community could feed someone for days. I'm talking about someone not DYING...not how little Johnny is CRYING because he didn't get his cheap Lego set. How's that for perspective? Let's give it a rest, shall we?
  • edited December 2011
    @flump6523 and to all: think about how silly this whole drama looks to anyone else in the world that would like a small meal today. For everyone complaining about the next person, we could have millions (billions?) of people complaining that this entire forum isn't sharing our TOY Lego money with the rest of the world for food, clothes, medicine, etc. Remember, every dollar spent on these plastic bricks by everyone in this community could feed someone for days. How's that for perspective? Let's give it a rest, shall we?
    True, but I don't come here to fret over world problems, I come here to escape into my passion and hobby. In that context, these are important matters indeed.

And to those here in need of a meal, stop buying Lego! Get food instead!
  • True, but I don't come here to fret over world problems, I come here to escape into my passion and hobby. In that context, these are important matters indeed.
    Perspective, that's the word of the day.
  • True, but I don't come here to fret over world problems, I come here to escape into my passion and hobby. In that context, these are important matters indeed.

Perspective, that's the word of the day.
    I get it. But I'm not here for perspective, I'm here to escape into the wacky world of Lego. I get enough perspective in the real world.
  • edited December 2011
    I think we all are...but the wacky world of Lego should be FUN...if we're going to argue, might as well go all out with REAL problems.

edit: This is about the hypocrisy of all the griping.
  • edited December 2011
    Ironic that you're talking about how our spending habits could better be used to 'feed someone for days' and yet you said this on page 4:
    Of course like a monkey gorging himself at the banana buffet, I couldn't help myself and picked up the following half off: 2 pyramids, 2 sphinx sets, 2 cursed cobras, 2 of the pharaoh planes, 2 kings carriage ambush, 3 HP burrows (nice looking parts especially for $30 per), the city yellow boat and truck combo, police boat and a ninjago set.
    Is that gorging on a 'small meal' to you? Is the hypocrisy gripping you?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not griping about anyone's spending habits. I don't gripe about much in this world really. If I wanted to whine, I'd be pointing the finger at myself to do something before I did anything else.

Yet so many have problems with what people in this forum are doing spending too much money on TOYS. I think if we polled the world, they would say the entire forum is selfish.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not griping about anyone's spending habits. I don't gripe about much in this world really. If I wanted to whine, I'd be pointing the finger at myself to do something before I did anything else.

Yet so many have problems with what people in this forum are doing spending too much money on TOYS. I think if we polled the world, they would say the entire forum is selfish.
    So are you suggesting that we do away with brickset and other enthusiast web sites until such time that we eradicate world famine? I think you need perspective, IMHO.
  • edited December 2011

So are you suggesting that we do away with brickset and other enthusiast web sites until such time that we eradicate world famine? I think you need perspective.
    lol, i give up.
  • You continue to suggest that you are doing the store a favour or that they should be grateful to you for clearing them out in one fell swoop. Have you not considered that after your visit in the early hours, there might follow twenty other fellow Bricksetters or AFOLS in hope that they can grab one or two? I'd think it likely that WalMart's shelves would be more or less bare by the end of the day in any case. WalMart therefore would still be happy - probably happier given they've put a smile on twenty one customers' faces and not just one.
    I don't think that I'm doing the store a "favor" when I buy clearance merchandise. What I was saying is that the store puts merchandise on clearance for a very specific reason...in order to clear the merchandise out of the store...and that goal is inconsistent with the suggestion of some that Walmart should have limited the number of sets that any one person could buy. If you are Walmart and your goal is to get rid of the merchandise on your shelves, why would you turn away a buyer who is willing to help you accomplish that goal?
    Again, @Pacific493 - you feel frustrated that MFL has yet to provide you with some sort of "objective standard or criteria". Surely it just comes down to sheer decency and goodwill? If you were to arrive at a party to face a platter full of sandwiches, being first through the door would you as quickly as you could clear the sandwiches onto your plate just because you were hungry? Of course not! The host doesn't feel the need to limit their guest to two rounds of bread. They'd hope that they'd be mature and courteous enough to leave enough food for everybody else to enjoy. Just because one's first through the door, it doesn't mean they have to try their damndest to make sure nobody else gets a look in and keep it all to themselves? 'Brickset' is not a 'dog eat dog' or "early birds gets worm" culture. Other members might like a look in..
    I was not frustrated that MFL didn't provide an objective criteria or standard...I thought his whole line of argument was specious because he was criticizing others for acting in a way that he characterized as "unjustified" when, at the end of the day, he was engaging in the exact same conduct as those he criticized, albeit to a substantially lesser degree. MFL and many others here may not like the fact that some on this board purchase a large number of sets when they go on sale or on clearance and that is fine...everyone is entitled to their own opinion...but the idea that such purchasing behavior is "unjustified" or otherwise constitutes some form of misconduct is what I found objectionable.

Your comment, however, does raise a few interesting points. First, your party analogy is a bit misplaced because the party forms a social construct that informs an individual's behavior in a much different way than a retail buying situation does. Indeed, the goal of a party host providing refreshments to his guests is far different than the goal of a retail establishment in selling merchandise in a clearance sale. Second, you say that Brickset is not a "dog eat dog" culture and I certainly agree with you, but I don't think that Brickset is synonymous with Walmart and I don't think that the entire subset of people competing to buy sets on clearance at Walmart are members of Brickset. When I buy sets on sale, I am not trying my damndest to make sure that nobody else gets in on the deal...I am taking advantage of a retail offer in accordance with the retailer's sales policies. If that retailer places limits on the number of items that can be purchased, then I will purchase in accordance with those policies. If the retailer doesn't, then I will purchase as many as I would like and can afford.
    "I certainly get what it means to be a part of this community". Really.......really??
    Absolutely...this community is -- like any community -- what its members make of it. And, rightly or wrongly, there is a substantial portion of this community that is dedicated to discussing the retail aspect of Lego, including sales, deals, and the secondary market.

• @DrDaveWatford: Thats because they want to get rid of these sets, and do not care, unfortunately for smaller collector, who buys them all.

As for those who obviously think it is alright for this type of behavior:
    Ok, People 'liking the 'hunt', as you call it, does not justify your clearing out a store of a particular set or line, to eliminate the chance of anyone else getting them, just for your 'rush'.
    What, buying 2-4 of a set is not enough? Stepping back, looking at your cart (or carts) completely filled with one type of LEGO set is not enough to wake you up?
    Whatever.. I guess you just cannot convince some people, as evident of those ganging up on my comments and not many people agreeing.

I also notice only one part of my original thread was focused on, and not the other...
    So when are all of you then going to give an opportunity for those who missed out on the sets they wanted, because the likes of you, and chance to buy the sets at the same prices you cleaned out a set for?? No?? Did not think so....

As for the greedy people on this thread saying get up at 5am to go get your item? WHY? WHY should people have to do this? and WHY should one guy go in a clean out a store? Some people have LIVES, they need to get to work, or get sleep to go to work, some of us do not have oodles of cash lying around to go take a day off of work to go run down every store in an area for what? To then clean out said store?

Sadly I know I am not getting through to the greedy people here in this forum thread, but it is just sad because if there are 4-5 guys (at least) that see no problem with this, in this thread, lord knows how many people do this in total.

In which case, sales and clearances will not mean anything to the majority of casual collectors, or even casual buyer/sellers.. Not if hardcore... ummm 'collectors' are getting their daily 'fix' buy running to every store with a clearance they can think of and buying every piece of LEGO in that clearance to stop anyone else from getting anything.

But again, like talking to a brick wall, so have fun with your conquests, and spoils, I guess.
    Don't necessarily disagree with everything you wrote but I can tell you first hand that a nice member here has already offered me Mill Village Raid and Kings Carriage at cost. I won't mention his name so he doesn't get asked to sell more. BTW he did this without me even asking.
  • @Pacific493, you write persuasively and quite well! Not surprising, given your profession. (I remember because you quoted your wife which, I believe, makes you not what she claims ;) )

• In the spirit if community/ the holiday season / human kindness, can't we all just agree to disagree and move on. Lego is a hobby, first and foremost, which should allow us to relieve stress. This only detracts....
  • My son is absolutely loving his new AC HQ! Big thank you for starting this topic letting me know it was on clearance :) my husband and I enjoyed building it too!
  • First, your party analogy is a bit misplaced because the party forms a social construct that informs an individual's behavior in a much different way than a retail buying situation does.
    And therein lies the point that many have been trying to make. A community such as the Brickset Forum also forms a social construct that informs, or should inform, an individual's behaviour. Outside this community, the "dog eat dog" attitude of buying everything up before someone else does and then bragging about it to anyone who'll listen is perfectly acceptable behaviour to many. Within the forum, however, the aim has always been to try and foster a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and promote the kind of cooperation which means that people will hopefully share their good fortune with other members at cost and help them out. Not boast about how they've cleared the shelves of sale items, how many sets they've stockpiled, and how much they think they'll get for them eventually, while fellow forum members miss out on the bargains and then have their noses rubbed in it for good measure.

So for me this boils down to the kind of behaviours and attitudes that you'd hope to see on the forum and within this community, not about whether it's right or wrong to clear the shelves of sale items and stockpile sets.

• @Pacific493, you write persuasively and quite well! Not surprising, given your profession. (I remember because you quoted your wife which, I believe, makes you not what she claims ;) )

Thank you for the compliment. Although it helps to have spent almost every day for the past 9 years writing, I would not be the writer that I am today were it not for my mother, my social psychology professor in college, and one of the judges that I clerked for...in her own way, each would never let me do less than my best and constantly forced me to rise to the occasion.

Also, I'm happy to agree to disagree because, ultimately, my whole point in all this is that we all have different perspectives on it.

And I can certainly live up to my wife's characterization when the situation requires.

• edited December 2011
    And therein lies the point that many have been trying to make. A community such as the Brickset Forum also forms a social construct that informs, or should inform, an individual's behaviour. Outside this community, the "dog eat dog" attitude of buying everything up before someone else does and then bragging about it to anyone who'll listen is perfectly acceptable behaviour to many. Within the forum, however, the aim has always been to try and foster a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and promote the kind of cooperation which means that people will hopefully share their good fortune with other members at cost and help them out. Not boast about how they've cleared the shelves of sale items, how many sets they've stockpiled, and how much they think they'll get for them eventually, while fellow forum members miss out on the bargains and then have their noses rubbed in it for good measure.

So for me this boils down to the kind of behaviours and attitudes that you'd hope to see on the forum and within this community, not about whether it's right or wrong to clear the shelves of sale items and stockpile sets.
    Ok, I see what you're saying, but a lot the discussion here was focused not on what people were doing within the Forum, but what they were doing outside the Forum.

Also, I have never perceived any of the folks here to be "rubbing" their purchases in anyone's faces...I have always perceived the posts in which forum members have provided a detailed account of what they picked up as being motivated by their own excitement about their good fortune, rather than an attempt to highlight anyone else's bad fortune. In fact, I have found it refreshing the extent to which people on the forum have shown a willingness to provide information about where they are located, which stores they've been to, what they've seen there, etc.

To give one piece of advice that I haven't seen anyone else talk about on this forum...anyone who is looking for good deals may want to check out Target first thing on Monday morning. From what I understand, Target typically resets their clearance discounts on Mondays, so if Target is going to increase any of the anemic clearance deals it currently has going, those markdowns may start on Monday morning.
  • I've been to 3 Wal-Marts in central Ohio and managed to find everything I wanted, except for a MVR. Would have loved to have gotten it for $35, but oh well.

I was tickled to find a snowman ornament and wreath polybag for half-off, though!
  • My walmart did not have any of the polybags discounted, but there must have been over 100 wreaths and snowmen! I wanted to buy 30 of each for my son's class for next year, but it was no go. Anyone else have them at 50%?
  • I never saw a single polybag, where do they keep them?
  • in my store they were just in a cardboard box in the Lego area
  • Same. At my local stores, they were in a box or just on the shelf in thr LEGO aisle, but they were not half off.

That would be an easy argument to make with the cashier though. They are clearly "holiday" merchandise.

Brent
  • I just tried to get a Hagrid's Hut for 50% off that was ringing up at full price, they didn't care or want to hear from me at all. Oh well.
  • I was not planning on commenting on this thread, but now I have to. I stopped by my local Wal-Mart and bought EVERY Mace Windu set they had. And I felt great about it. ;-) Granted there was only one set left!!! I was very fortunate to find it. My son will be thrilled.

Anyway when I was checking out (I also picked up a Ninjago set) the cashier said to me "Someone came in yesterday and bought 32 of those sets...." Not sure which set he was referring to, but I was shocked nonetheless. They had 4 of the Ninjago sets on hand (well 3 now).
  • Hopefully this'll help someone: the walmart in Petersburg, VA has a good quantity still of all the sets mentioned except for the Fire Temple and the Mace Windu set.
  • The only downside is that you have to visit Petersburg, VA. ;o)
  • Yeah, the polybags I found at two separate stores also weren't 50% off even though they were in a box marked "stocking stuffers." One of the employees said he expected they would be marked down by the end of the week.

The poster who mentioned it 50% off said they got them today. Did anyone else check polybags today? I would love to get a few of the Ninjagos and a couple more wreaths.

In reference to the other sets, I was reasonably lucky to find most sets I wanted (after six stops), but never was able to find an MVR. Was in a Wal-Mart on the 26th and saw one but didn't think to try the price scanner so never assumed it was on-sale. :(
  • I don't have a problem with people buying out stocks of sets. It's a clearance, after all. Some will resell, others legitimately want a dozen Mill Village Raids for building projects. I personally rarely buy more than one copy since I'm a set collector, not a builder or re-seller. I do buy second copies of some of my favorites if I find them on clearance, but again they are to keep for myself. I think it's cool to have some sets MISB on a shelf.

But what I do find annoying is when members of the community buy out stocks o sets to resell at future profits, and then other members who want a mere one set aren't helped out. If you have a dozen alien conquest headquarters and want to stash them, be an active member of the community, share your passion and give somebody who couldn't find one a helping hand buy selling at cost+shipping. Otherwise this might as well become some thread on Slickdeals or eBay forums. I really hope everybody stockpiling these sets for future reselling is helping others out that merely want one copy of a discontinued set that they have previously missed out on.

• FWIW, I did have to ask the cashier to apply the 50% discount on the polybagged snowman and wreath--they are clearly holiday merchandise--and she happily complied. Still on the hunt for the elusive half-off MVR... :)
  • Wow I wonder if that would work at the walmarts here. I've never seen a polybag at walmart so I'll need to find it first to try it but with my luck there gone already and the cashier would say no - no discount here.
    FWIW, I did have to ask the cashier to apply the 50% discount on the polybagged snowman and wreath--they are clearly holiday merchandise--and she happily complied. Still on the hunt for the elusive half-off MVR... :)
  • Would anyone care to provide the item number/upc/etc for Slave I from their purchase at Wal-Mart (found on the receipt)?

I would appreciate it. Will help me to avoid going to each and every Wal-Mart. They do not have the item online, and I cannot find the sticker at the stores I have checked.
  • I checked this morning and the polybags were still full price... Doesn't make any sense to me, since they are holiday related...
  • Well I am very new to this Forum and been reading up lots of threads, mainly on Clearance Sales and Bragging and now this.

I always thought this wonderful brand was meant to spread joy and happiness to everyone. But it is sad to see things like gluttony, jealousy and bragging. And then, making big money in selling stuff which goes out of production. That is part of being a 'Collector', same thing people who work in Rare Stamps or Rare Coins. They buy from places and people who do not have a clue and then shine it up and sell at a very good profit. Same case is happening with Lego though with Lego you just need to grab deals and sit on them till you are able to get a good return.

I cannot argue and take sides, but being a loyal fan of Lego, I want to see more and more people being able to adopt Lego as their hobby. And you guys, you are so very lucky to live in the US, UK, and other countries where you can actually walk into a toy store and browse Lego sets and fill your carts with them. Lets not take this amazing toy towards anything but Love and spreading joy.
  • I can't recall if these were mentioned earlier, but Hoth Battlepack and Cars Spy Jet were on 50% off at Wal-Mart as well. I picked up one of each.
  • I just wanted to add that my son had to go to Occupational Therapy today and the boys talked me into hitting 2 Walmarts. They both have good stock. So, if you live in the Southwest burbs of Chicago.....New Lenox and Matteson still have a good variety of Lego left.(Star Wars, Kingdoms, AC, Ninjago, PQ, World Racers, and City) I think the big part is that most are not marked as previous posters have stated.
  • If anyone wants to trade a Slave 1 or Kings Carriage Ambush I am very interested.
  • If anyone wants to trade a Slave 1 or Kings Carriage Ambush I am very interested.
    I'm up for a trade, I only have 7188 though. PM me what you are offering.
  • All I wanted was a MVR... nope. All the sets that would have been clearance were gone... scanned quite a few barcodes just to check since there were no clearance tags.
  • slovakiasteph....if it helps you fill any better, I did not see any either. They had a lot at both stores, but no MVR or Slave 1's. I think they had just about everything else. My kids spent there Christmas money. I purchased an AG HQ and 2 Kingdom sets for my selling. As I stated earlier there is still alot on the shelf at both of the Walmarts. It was funny because I ran into our local Target to check too, and I just could not bring myself to purchase anything after all of the great Walmart prices. AC HQ is $44.50 at Walmart , at Target it is $67. Target had a huge section of Lego marked down....it was just the wrong prices!!
  • Don't know if anyone had seen the Walmart thread over on Slickdeals but there was a post that I found pretty damn humorous. What a visual. lol. I thought it could dovetail nicely with the debate in this thread. I am not offering this as evidence, just sharing:

"Gotta say this is why I love SD and hate SD.

I hit one local WM and found a couple Ninjago sets on this deal, but was looking for some others.
    Went to another and the regular Lego area was clear of all Ninjago. As I rolled to the clearance area a guy runs past me and literally runs his arm across the shelf where the Ninjagos are and dumps everything they had left into his cart. Then, to top it off, as he turns around and sees me staring in disbelief, he LAUGHS at me as he pushes his overflowing cart past me. I have seen some crazy shoppers before, but never anyone that is just evil like that.

Thanks OP for the post - I did find some nice deals, but my fun was pretty much ruined."