New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Quick question about Peeron inventory system

edited January 2012 in Collecting
So I started poking around on there because I would like to try bricklinking or pick a bricking the Green Grocer and Cafe Corner slowly over the next year. Is there a way to learn which sets will provide me with a large number of pieces for these two modulars? For example, if I wanted to know if any of the architectural sets would give us a bunch of crimson/dark red parts. Am I on the right inventory site?

It looks like we already have half the pieces we need for Cafe Corner.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Thanks you much.
  • Plans are afoot to interface with rebrickable from Brickset. I haven't got round to doing it yet but it's on the to-do list.

You'll be able to send your set list to Rebrickable and on set details pages at Brickset get information such as 'you have 63% of the parts needed to make this set in your collection'
  • Amazing site rebrickable.com! Liked the interface and the pure dedication behind.
    @Huw, cannot wait to see new updates :)
  • Thanks for the link LFT, never been there before but it's fantastic!
  • I does seem great. I was wondering about something though. Does it just tell you the top 5 sets or so that will net the most parts towards a build? Seems like with GG and CC it only lists the other modulars but those can't be the only ones.

I apologize if this has already been discussed in another thread but is it best to try pick a brick for as many parts as you can and then follow up with bricklist to avoid shipping costs (except the unavoidable rarer parts.)
  • @intromission - The main Build feature of Rebrickable will consider the sets + any loose parts you have and show you what parts you are missing from a set/moc. It also suggests the top 5 sets you can get that will help towards getting all the missing parts, and a Bricklink XML wanted list export to simplify purchasing the parts you need. I have plans to add a lot more flexibility around it, so am happy to hear any suggestions you have for improvements!
  • ^ Nice site. Looking forward to the integration of Brickset with Rebrickable.