New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.

Once you've signed up, please wait 12 hours or so for your account to be approved.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

[Elsewhere] How long does standard Barnes and Noble shipping take to get to Australia?

My orders from Barnes and Noble shipped on the 27th of Jan in two packages - It says 2 - 3 weeks for delivery. As we are nearing the end of the 3 week period, I'm getting worried as the majority of it is for a special 5th birthday present at the end of next week. I could be looking at a costly plan b if they don't turn up soon. Just wondering about other peoples experiences (& times) with deliveries from Barnes and Noble to Australia.

Comments

• I've had the one item shipped from B&N it took about 3 weeks.
  • I ordered some Mindstorms books from B&N and chose First class mail option which is usually 20 plus days. But got the books after 40-42 days. Then have ordered a big LEGO set and used Priority mail option which is usually 15 days plus so might be getting it any day now.

Since I am located in Pakistan, using Priority Mail works a lot better.
  • Hi gottobecertain
    Basically you can double their maximum estimated time to get to Australia. They are truly awful with their shipping. Even if you pay international priority it takes a month or more. Given how long the boxes spend in transit, a good proportion get damaged too. I'd say you will get everything you ordered eventually, it just might take a while.
    Also I've noticed all overseas shipping into Australia is taking much longer than it used to. I don't know if that's due to increased volume because of our strong $ or just poor service from shipping companies.
    I wish I had better news for you, but the chances of the 5th birthday gift arriving in time are slim.
  • I got some if the new dc stuff to perth. Ordered on 27th january and got the final box on 2 february. 9 sets in total and all in perfect condition. I selected priority since the extra $30 odd to get it on time and in better condition is worth it. Other times I have used them and not selected priority it was about 5ish weeks.
  • Hey Lambringo
    I reckon that must have been the express option rather than priority, priority is about $5 more than basic, and pretty much just as slow. Express is the only way things can be guaranteed to arrive promptly from B&N but you need to order a fair bit to get any decent savings.
  • @hewman you are correct, it was the express method. I always get confused between all the different postage terminology. The shipping cost (with express) was only 16% of the total order, and is was still about 10% on regular shipping. When compared to the 45% saving overall is worth it for the assurance.
  • Wow @Lambringo, great deal I must say, and you were one of the lucky ones who grabbed the Super Heroes stuff :P
  • Thanks for the replies guys - I'm guessing that it probably won't be here by next Thurs. Just as well I have some City sets stashed away in the cupboard as emergency back ups!
    A bit worrying to hear that some packages arrive damaged.
  • Ok guys just reporting back that package one (Batmobile) arrived 3 weeks and 1 day - 2nd package - Batwing and Superman vs Power Amor Lex is yet to arrive (which happened to be posted the same day!
  • I'm glad that you at least got some of your order in reasonable time. The bulk of my last order with them never showed up, but I eventually got a refund. Although there are worse online sellers than B&N, I now prefer to pay more somewhere else where I know I will get my Lego and have it arrive in near perfect condition.
    Hopefully the rest of your order arrives soon.
  • Hi I'm in Singapore, and since we are kinda nearby. I would expect your shipping to close to mine.

Usuaully I expect B&N packages to come within 1.5-3 months after purchase. I always pay my credit card bill even before I can see the package.
  • The second package arrived another 3 days later so - all up 3 weeks and 4 days.

My batwing box was slightly damaged as they packaged it into a large box with no real support or protection inside (other than a few pieces of scrunched up paper) But since I got it for less than half the price it would cost me in Oz I can live with that. I've since made a new order of some Starwars items.

• I ordered 3 Star Wars sets from Barnes and Noble in the US, and had them shipped to Australia in Feb 2012. This was my first order with them, and I was well impressed.

The items were all shipped separately, and took only 3 weeks to come. All were well packaged. The main box (millennium falcon), had air-filled bags for packing inside the box, and delivered inside a clear heavy duty sack. All with security ties.All items were in mint condition, no damage..

Also shipping worked out less than $30 AUD for $300 USD of goods.

With the current US exchnage rate, Barnes and Noble currently offers cheap lego and excellent shipping.