New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Heroica: Ganrash

edited March 2012 in Collecting
This set appeared in the BrickSet guide back in January: 30170 Ganrash. Supposedly some sort of add-on to Heroica. At first I thought this was just a case of someone mining the LEGO website for new instructions, since that's been the ONLY place where I've seen it mentioned anywhere, really. Except... atkinsar supposedly modified the BrickSet DB entry to say that it's a *polybag*. So... SOMEONE knows about it. And 4 people claim to own it.

Does anyone have any information about it? Is it unreleased? Was it a promotional set? Is it only available in some specific country or store? Does anyone actually own it, and can anyone provide more information about it?

Oh, I should add one more tidbit-- The Heroica website confirms (in a roundabout way) that this set really does exist, because it explicitly mentions the "Blades of Bounty" as one of the "relics", although it doesn't say much about them. They don't even seem to have an ability, other than being worth a particular amount of money.

DaveE

Comments

• I took an educated guess on it being a polybag based on it's size and set#, sorry if this was misleading, I don't know any more about it than you (in fact, it appears I know considerably less!).

As for people owning it, take that with the normal pinch of salt.

I really want it though, there's something about these Heroica sets isn't there...
  • I took an educated guess on it being a polybag based on it's size and set#
    Ahh-- ok. Yeah, it could be that it's an "instructions only" or small boxed set, but I have no idea. I assume it's NOT an "instructions only" set, just based on the fact that the Perl-Gold daggers aren't available in any of the other Heroica sets-- just in 2 Ninjago sets.
    As for people owning it, take that with the normal pinch of salt.
    Yeah, I rarely trust that unless there's other evidence, like BrickLink/eBay sales, or some sort of other reputable source saying that they're available somewhere.

.. And of course this thread is an attempt to flush out any potential valid owners of the set into revealing themselves!
    I really want it though, there's something about these Heroica sets isn't there...
    Yeah, it's like combining RPG boardgaming and LEGO, which apparently triggers some sort of reflex desire in me.

DaveE
  • With only one new expansion on the horizon for the Heroica range, I'm gonna hazard a guess and say this will available with purchase in store somewhere? Perhaps buy 2 or more to recieve??

I love the Heroica games and hopefully the range will see another year?
  • Lego.com has it listed as: Co-Promotion

• I'm hoping we see it as a giveaway (newspaper?). In a marketing attempt to lure people into buying the bigger sets. What's a co-promotion?
    Huh-- where does it say that? For me, it just says "not found". Although, maybe it's a country issue?

DaveE

Huh-- where does it say that? For me, it just says "not found". Although, maybe it's a country issue?

DaveE
    The instructions page on lego.com:
    Co-Promotion - HEROICA Ganrash

BI 2001/ 2 - 30170 NA -
    Download size: 7.17 Mb
  • found the link:
    http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/HeroicaDownloads/otherfiles/download622A75A66E4EEA86F3CE7BEFB26DF44B.pdf

They have them listed as 'card game rules' under the heroica site of legoUS (also for 'Fortraan Dungeon - http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/HeroicaDownloads/otherfiles/download0EA82A2F83B33866ECA05569F1AA287A.pdf '

The fortraan pdf actually has a lot more detail, the ganrash link appears to be just a flyer (maybe a hybrid, card game and small lego set(?))

Apparently I've picked up a copy of all the heroica boxes; only opened the large set (and still unbuilt -- all from T after xmas when they were making room)
  • Ooh so basically a variant on the dagger/rogue ability. The extra roll is promising, as hopefully is a pointer towards where they'll go with additional rules in future sets (looking mainly at the Ilrion Boss/Bat thing and life bar it seems to have).

Nice find.
  • The new weapons are also listed in the relic section of the game site. Guessing this is gearing up for a spring release/giveaway to maintain interest til the august release of Ilrion.

Also for those interested in concept art and that ilk, there's a cool behind the scenes sketch book under the downloads section.