New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.

Once you've signed up, please wait 12 hours or so for your account to be approved.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Gizmocom: New UK member: To the forums anyway!

edited March 2012 in Introduce yourself
Hi All,

Long time lurker here, but hopefully will be posting as frequently as I can in the future!

Some people may already know me as I have been a Brickish Association (UK AFOL group) member for about 9 years and been to quite a lot of shows and gatherings in that time.

I would definitely class myself as a collector and not a builder, although I do manage to build a few things a year for myself and public displays.

My collecting is very general (anything and everything!) but I am particularly interested in the more obscure things like Promos, Polybags, Books/catalogs, pre-plastic wooden toys, error/marbled parts, Bayer Bricks, 'Tat' and Modulex. I can't resist anything that is limited numbers either.

I do have a lot of 'normal' sets, not sure exactly how many, but it is at least 2,000. I keep them in their boxes/bags and don't split them into my parts for building with ... that is separate! I plan to inventory my entire collection this year and log them on this site (done Star Wars only so far and a few others I remembered). I have sets from a wide range of themes, but Star Wars is my personal favourite and I have nearly all the sets and promos etc (currently showing as 93% complete), just mainly missing the co-packs, 3-in-1s and some of the harder to find toy fair/comic con stuff.

For work I get to 'play' with LEGO too, for the moment I am currently running my Bricklink store full-time.

Thanks for reading!
Darren

Comments