New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Series 7 CMF

edited March 2012 in Collecting
I don't know if this is old news but theres an advertisement in the latest Lego
club magazine ( Todays) showing all of the new 16 minifigures.
Does everybody already know this?

Amongst them is a scottish Bagpiper, An opera / viking lady, a guy in a rabbit
suit and another space suit man

Comments

• ^Yes, this information was released awhile ago in another forum post.
    Some really neat figures, especially the bagpiper which really catches my eye.

Thanks anyway!

Cheers,
  • I'd like to see them go retro for a series. Old space guys, old castle guys, old town guys.. that sort of thing.
  • I like most of them but the Male tennis player is a bit uninspired and another rocker ( yawn)
  • I want to know when we'll see pics of series 8!!! We saw 6 and 7 fairly closely together AGES ago, and with Series 7 hitting the UK in early April, surely we should be seeing 8 soon??
  • I must say Series 7 is my favorite series so far.
  • I don't mind the female rocker, but would love to see a rgular guitar shape instead of a repaint of the other one.
  • The hippy totally takes the win in this set.
  • I must say Series 7 is my favorite series so far.
    Agreed! People are probably going to be scrambling for the black warrior and the video game character.
  • Loving the nerds cup, the rocker girls hair, reds cute face, hippy (all of) and think the swimmers medal could be great for Olympic MOC's, will try to get a few just for the medals.
    The warrior and space guy both look great.
    Not too bothered about stunt guy or Tarzan or tennis bloke.
    Definitaley one of the better series's IMO.
  • Loving the nerds cup, the rocker girls hair, reds cute face, hippy (all of) and think the swimmers medal could be great for Olympic MOC's, will try to get a few just for the medals.
    The warrior and space guy both look great.
    Not too bothered about stunt guy or Tarzan or tennis bloke.
    Definitaley one of the better series's IMO.
  • I like red riding hood, poseidon, hippie and the aztec warrior.
  • The hippy would have been a great opportunity for a standard acoustic guitar. Nice to see the bunny suit in time for Easter.
  • The hippy totally takes the win in this set.
    I get a kick out of the massive difference of opinions on this board. The hippie is in my bottom two for this series! That's probably why this product is a giant victory for LEGO - there's something for everyone.

• ...Nice to see the bunny suit in time for Easter.
    Are they on sale yet? It's Easter in 2 weeks...
  • I like 'em all!
  • edited March 2012
    ^^ Play.com says preorder for April...6th, I think? So in time for Easter, just, if you're lucky.
    Damn, I am now speaking to you and I forgive you completely :)
  • edited March 2012
    Damn, I am now speaking to you and I forgive you completely :)
    I don't deserve it. :-)
  • Oh, you are so annoying. And abusing your powers. Very bad.
    With great power comes great responsibility, remember.
  • I like every minifigure other than the Viking lady and Tarzan (guy with monkey). Other than series 2, this will probably be the only series I will have a full set of. I have a few minifigs here and there for the other series but series 7 is just too awesome.
  • edited March 2012
    @LostInTranslation - There you go, I've abused my powers too. :o)
  • edited March 2012
    ^ I like muggles.
  • Oh yeah I forgot the bunny! Cool figure!
  • Oh, and Lucy, It's OK, tell him not to bother
    My big brother has just joined this forum and he's going to make me very sorry for being mean to the people below. Let's see that's:
    1. Matthew
    2. Littletoki...

Keep 'em coming, I'll keep score.
  • Oh. Yes. I see what you did there. *smothers a yawn*.
  • Little Red Riding Hood is my personal fav. I think she'll be neat for the medieval theme I've built up. I also like the angry black warrior.
  • Safe to say this series is looking solid.

Personally, I think I've gone borderline out of control with the number of minifigs from the past series, excluding series 1 & 2 (started late during 2). Series 7 is going to get that more crazy.

I too am wondering about Series 8. I believe we say pics of Series 5-7, within a span of a few months.
  • A Red Riding Hood diorama/vignette would be very cool. I might consider building one.
  • I really like the bagpipe guy, the indian and the hipp
  • Does anyone know a good place to buy a case in the US other than Ebay?
  • edited March 2012
    Does anyone know a good place to buy a case in the US other than Ebay?
    Bricklink has them. For example, Series 6: http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=104884

EDIT: Amazon.fr also has them: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B005WGIGWQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tnbbanner-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1642&creative=19458&creativeASIN=B005WGIGWQ

Price for each Box
    •USA/Canada: €91,89 + €7,66 = €99,55
    •Outside of Europe: €91,89 + €23,59 = €115,48
    •Europe: €113,02 + €8,2 = €121,22
    •France: €109,90

Via. Toys N Bricks

EDIT 2: Entertainment Earth also has a whole case available for sale: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LG8827A
  • ^^^^ ooh , you could use the wolf from shave a sheep, I love that wolf!
  • ...Nice to see the bunny suit in time for Easter.
    Are they on sale yet? It's Easter in 2 weeks...
    ^^ Play.com says preorder for April...6th, I think? So in time for Easter, just, if you're lucky.
    What she said. If the other series are anything to go by, then we'll see them a week or so early. Especially if WHSmiths or somewhere want to catch easter holiday kid crowds.

Regarding the space Marine, FBTB has posted a picture of an exclusive Lex Outbid giveaway which uses the same armour mould.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/7004583725/

Judging by the size of that piece, he should be an easy one to feel!
  • ^ I'm going to be harassing the staff at Smiths in GX on an almost daily basis until I find them. Must...have...minifigs...
  • By Lex Outbid, I of course mean Lex Luthor.

Mobile site doesn't seem to have an edit function?
  • There are a lot of interesting characters in this series. One thing that does strike me though, is the lack of "army building" characters. OK, maybe there's a bagpiping group, a group of the black warriors. As noted above, the medal from the swimmer may be good for olympic MOCs. I'll probably go for a few viking ladies too. But there are not any characters like the Roman or the Spartan, that you (or I) would want many of.
  • By Lex Outbid, I of course mean Lex Luthor.

Mobile site doesn't seem to have an edit function?
    The edit mode on PC is also hidden now, you have to go to the settings wheel at the top right of the post to find it.
  • There are a lot of interesting characters in this series. One thing that does strike me though, is the lack of "army building" characters. OK, maybe there's a bagpiping group, a group of the black warriors. As noted above, the medal from the swimmer may be good for olympic MOCs. I'll probably go for a few viking ladies too. But there are not any characters like the Roman or the Spartan, that you (or I) would want many of.
    Errr Space Marine?? I'd say he was the obvious army builder of the bunch. But surely this is a good thing, as you won't go to a shelf to find all the 'best' (IMO) figs cherry picked by a previous customer.
  • I think there plenty of opportunity to build an army with the series. Figurately (and maybe literally) speaking you can can make an army of Bagpipes, Bunnies, or Riding Hoods - lol.

The best ones to use are obviously the Black Knight, Aztecs, Space Marine, and Viking Women. I can already see using the knight and the viking, especially if they make these into future sets. I can already see my army of (male) vikings getting excited - haha. I'm not sure where I would place the Aztecs though in any of my sets. At least the Marines I can pit them against the Aliens.
  • I know you can have a lot of one character, but that does not necessarily make an army. The thing in common about the Romans and the Royal Guards, is that you expect them to all look the same. For an army of vikings, I expect there should be differences between them. Uniformity was not part of their make-up. The same with Knights, you expect them to have their own insignia, Aztecs would not all have the same ceremonial headgear, etc. It does of course allow for MOCing.
  • "How about we boycott the CMF until Lego improves their quality...?"

*Cricket chirps* Okay, I can take a hint. My only dilemma with buying into yet another series of minifigures would be their inferior quality. Yes, yes, I know it's old news. But you're crazy to think anyone can have a conversation about CMF and not get totally "confuzzled" with Lego's China footprint. Series 7 looks great, better on a computer screen than in plastic; that much hasn't changed since I first bought series 2.
  • "How about we boycott the CMF until Lego improves their quality...?"

*Cricket chirps* Okay, I can take a hint. My only dilemma with buying into yet another series of minifigures would be their inferior quality. Yes, yes, I know it's old news. But you're crazy to think anyone can have a conversation about CMF and not get totally "confuzzled" with Lego's China footprint. Series 7 looks great, better on a computer screen than in plastic; that much hasn't changed since I first bought series 2.
    As much as I would love to boycott the CMF's until the quality changes, they are such a hit I'm afraid so many of us would agree to, then not do it. (I mean I'd probably agree to not buy them then break down eventually and get them) and seeing as us AFOL's are such a small portion of LEGO sales, I doubt our little rebellion would have an impact. Then the few of us who boycotted would just miss out on a couple series for no reason... But I'm with you, I wish they weren't made in China.
  • The only CMF that I have a qc problem with are the female ones with the solid leg base. There's just not much clutch between the the "leg" and the torso. The other ones seem fine.
  • The only CMF that I have a qc problem with are the female ones with the solid leg base. There's just not much clutch between the the "leg" and the torso. The other ones seem fine.
    This isn't a CMF problem, it's a general issue with female figs with the slope skirt, due to the torso only attaching to studs rather than the extended 'spike' that normal legs have.
  • What parts have people had problems with? I have the whole of S6, S5 and S4, and have not come across any problems with them being inferior. I certainly would not boycott them.
  • Series 7 looks great, better on a computer screen than in plastic; that much hasn't changed since I first bought series 2.
    Where have you bought / seen series 7 already?
  • Never had a problem with the cmfs either. Sure if I hold them up to the light I can see that the plastic is different. But then the only reason to hold a minifig up to the light and look up its legs would be to spot the see through plastic. My solutions is simple and it doesnt bother me at all.

• This isn't a CMF problem, it's a general issue with female figs with the slope skirt, due to the torso only attaching to studs rather than the extended 'spike' that normal legs have.
    *THIS* is one of my pet peeves. LEGO has had decades to fix this, and we still don't have a proper "skirt" for female minifigs. This dramatically reduces their playability - every time my daughters stick a skirted minifig into a car or house, then go to pull her out, they are just left with a torso.

I'd love to hear the official LEGO explanation for why they don't have a proper skirt leg for the girl minifigs. Especially when this is a very long-lasting problem.

• This isn't a CMF problem, it's a general issue with female figs with the slope skirt, due to the torso only attaching to studs rather than the extended 'spike' that normal legs have.

*THIS* is one of my pet peeves.

How about the paper materials that are used for cloak, robe (i.e. vampire), skirt (i.e. CMF hula dancer) or accessory to robes (like the CMF graduate...I forget the name of that thing)? Do you think it would be better if they weren't cloth and were more of stable, less bendable material? I hate seeing them fold or fear that one day they'll just rip.
  • Yet another great preview on eurobricks.
    http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67132&st=0

So guess we can expect to see them in shops soon...!