It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
- All Categories 8.4K
- Current Announcements 3
- Current Announcements 3
- General 3.9K
- Collecting 1.3K
- Everything else LEGO 1.3K
- Building and Techniques 639
- Marketplace 3.9K
- Brickset 949
- Home page news 2
- Ambassador 5
- Announcements 4
- Introduce yourself 460
- The Database 149
- Brickset.com 176
- The forum 140
- FAQs 13
- Other 377
- Community and Events 246
- Photography/Video 125
2012 Jambalaya exchange (US)
I started a Flickr group for people to join and upload photos. You can request an invite to the group through flickr or PM me your flickr ID. Otherwise, people can email their photos to me.
Spoiler alert! Proceed with caution if you are a recipient and want to be surprised.
Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/brickset_jambalaya/
Welcome to the thread for the 2012 US-Jambalaya LEGO exchange! You can see I've slapped 2012 on this as a challenge for the group to complete a rotation before the calendar flips over.
Let's use this thread for status updates and discussing logistics. The original thread where @jadedanc brought forward the idea can be found here: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/3988/lego-round-robin/p1
What: A box of LEGO will progress through our list of participants, one stop at a time. The box will be a mixed assortment of elements (thus, jambalaya!) and presumably the more variety we have in there, the better, as it will better suit the diversity of our members and the various applications of our LEGO hobby.
Who: At this point, the participant list is closed. Truth be told, the list is probably larger than ideal, and I toyed with the idea of having a post count requirement as way to inject some trust into the process, but exclusivity runs counter to the Brickset spirit, so let's demonstrate just how good a community we have here and make it a success! Here is the participant list, ordered to make transit efficient and thereby minimize the waiting.
1. rocao: CA (x2)
2. dougts: OR (x2)
3. littletoki: OR (x2)
4. jadedanc: WA (x2)
6. KulshanGirl: WA (x2)
7. BrickDancer: CA (x2)
8. aimlesspursuits: AZ (x2)
11. curvedroadplate: WI (x2)
12. SirBen: IL (x2)
13. sidersdd: IN (x2)
14. Jenni: TN (x2)
15. allmybricks: NC (x2)
17. MontyKensicle: VA (x2)
18. kks: MD (x2)
19. andyscouse: MA (x2)
20. murphquake: NY (x2)
21. bmwlego: NY (x2)
22. pcirone: NY (x2)
23. back to start of list
If your state is not shown correctly on this list, please PM me. Also, if you have a reasonable request to move spots in this list, let me know.
How: I'll start the box and fill a standard sized USPS shipping box (actual one TBD). I'll mail it to the next person on the list. From that point forward, the process should be:
1. Take receipt of the box (do happy dance)
2. Inform the group the box has been received.
3. PM the next person for their address if you haven't already
4. Withdraw desired parts. At this point there is no hard-fast rule how much this is. Let's just say "If there's a lot of good stuff, don't take it all" and see if a practical guideline springs forth.
5. Photograph your haul. Share it with the group.
6. Choose parts from your inventory that you are adding to the box. It should be roughly equivalent to what you withdraw. Some instances should be easy to match, i.e. polybag for polybag, minifig for minifig.
7. Photograph what you are adding. Keep this to yourself so you don't ruin the surprise, but I think keeping a record of this will keep things on the up and up.
8. Send the box to the next person on the list.
Questions, comments, any glaring omissions? Let me know...
Why: The idea of the exchange is similar to a parts draft in that one person's trash is another person's treasure. While I wouldn't go so far as to say any LEGO is trash, hopefully it will transpire that our bricks find their ways into the hands of appreciative owners. At the end of the day, the shipping costs probably don't justify the parts that one comes away with, so ultimately, this is about having fun, getting to know other members, and strengthening our community.