New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Why am I getting "broken link" when trying to upload an image?

edited April 2012 in The forum
I just noticed this last night... I'm getting only a broken link emblem (such is the case with my last LEGO DVD posts)... when I am trying to upload an image.

Do we have an image count or total size limit set to our Brickset ID?? I know this to be the case on one other non-LEGO forum.

Here's what I get when I try to upload 2 images that I've already added last week (worked then, but not now)...

Comments

• Test

Sorry, @atkinsar - couldn't resist.....

:-)
  • ^ Seems to work OK for me, Gary....
  • ^^ why you little...
  • Strange... there is a limit but I don't know what it is, or whether we have hit it. If DrD can upload still presumably we haven't. I'll investigate further...
  • edited April 2012
    I think the image I've uploaded is larger than Gary's so it might not be a size issue.
  • I'll try it again.... I'll use a small 13K image....

Nope... it still gives me a broken link emblem... but now that I look at the LEGO DVD thread... my 2x4 Bayer bricks image started showing up... when it didn't last night and earlier today.... strange...
  • Huw... and Dr Dave... as you know, I do upload a lot of rare parts and sets images here (not just for the LEGO DVD advertisements)... I wonder if I have reached my allowable limit??
  • edited April 2012
    I am unable to "attach" images but can still "embed" them :o)

• ^Pretty sure I just had a mini heart attack looking at that third image..

Also wanted to say that your fourth image does not seem to be working @yellowcastle... but that may just be my computer.
  • edited April 2012
    I only embedded 3. :o)

Ah, I see it now. That would be the pic I tried to attach. I'll delete it since it's not showing up.
  • edited April 2012
    It appears that IE will show you the failed attachment but Firefox won't. And I am unable to now remove the failed attachment.

Update: I was able to remove Gary's and My failed picture loads above.
  • another test, this one is quite big
    IMG_0114.JPG
    3072 x 2304 - 2M
  • OK, so @Istokg are you attaching or embedding the file ? In order to upload my image I linked to it using the image icon in the toolbar above the comment field. Maybe it's attaching files that's the problem ?
  • I was always just attaching... not embedding... but I'm glad you asked... I never looked at that toolbar until you mentioned it...
  • Gary was indeed "attaching" as you could previously see the failed attachments in IE, though not in FF. I've since removed them, though Matthew's is still there. I'm curious if/how the footprint differs between attaching anew and linking to photos posted elsewhere online. If I had to guess, I'd assume "embedded" images take up less space here but take longer to load. But everyone knows I'm the most tech-savvy.
  • OK, my attempt at embedding....

and it works.....
  • It looks as if we have indeed reached our storage limit. I'll see if it can be increased.
  • Planes, flowers and sharks... well I certainly didn't expect to see THAT.
  • ^ Not just ANY plane, either - it's giving a piggy-back....
  • The last flight of Discovery. I won't lie to you, it was pretty darn cool. As for the shark, it's arguably one of the best photos I've ever run across. I believe it was taken somewhere off the coast of England.