New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

2013 Super Hero Figs

edited July 2012 in Collecting
Looks like FBTB is reporting the following new figs for the next wave.

DC - Mister Freeze, Aquaman, a white suited Batman, Bane, Commissioner Gordon with a SWAT flack jacket, hooded Robin, Scarecrow, Arkham jumpsuit Joker, Penguin and Harley Quinn in a nurse disquise (?)

Marvel - Spider-man, Nick Fury, Venom, Nova, J. Jonah Jameson, Victor Von Doom, and (?)Human Fly(?)

Note that the Venom fig is the actual Venom fig, not the black Spiderman Comic Con exclusive.

Photos on their flickr feed.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/7562905966/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/7562909114/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/7562914880/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/7562911858/

Discuss.

Comments

• Yeah...the Venom fig. now looks like...Venom! Cool to see a Dr. Doom fig. Hopefully a Fantastic Four line is in the works.
    And looks like an Arkham Asylum set is coming up. Thx for the links @sidersdd
  • OH MY GAWSH! TDKR sets are true!
  • Dark green hood! Admittedly on what will probably be a limited figure (I don't see Dr Doom crossing multiple sets) but great looking fig and a part I've been asking for for ages.

The others look pretty much how fans will expect, or have even created (I'm looking at you Nick fury and aquaman) but still great.

I guess the new Bane is a confirmation of TDKR based sets (or set), but what's up with the light grey/white Batman?
  • "Human Fly" guy is "Beetle". Stock images for all the figs added to the FBTB flickr feed.
  • Harley Quinn was/is a psychiatrist that fell in love with the Joker.
  • ^ You can see a hint of her superhero outfit at the neckline of her nurse uniform.
  • Dr. Doom and Nick Fury look great!
  • edited July 2012
    Between the orange jumpsuit and the outfit, the evidence is quite strong for an Akrham Asylum set.

I'm guessing the white Batman is for the Mr. Freeze set. It looks like LEGO will start taking the same approach action figure lines did by giving him terrain-specific suits. Only a matter of time before we get combat cammo Batman! :/
  • 3 new Batman suits!!! Doom looks fantastic, heads for Scarecrow & Penguin are improved from before. Mr. Freeze completely improved head to toe. Venom looks fantastic and even has black tentacles! TDKR Bane and Gordon are awesome, already wanting multiples of Gordon's torso for use as a custom SWAT team.

So. Much. Good. Stuff. ::explodes::
  • looks very nice! thanks for sharing
  • If you check out the fig gallery pics on FBTB, there are a few other Batman figs. A guard and two more Batman suits.
  • Today just got better. Time to rethink my collecting ... again!
  • edited July 2012
    Another ++++ vote from me - this was exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for when the first superheroes sets were announced, rather than the somewhat hurried looking remake of the bat sets.

Beetle is one of my fans, although can't go far wrong with the white batman!
  • Very nice so guarantees a DKR set and a Arkham City set as well. Cannot wait for these sets next year. Wonder if there will be an autumn wave though.
  • So much win coming out of Comic Con. This is truly a golden age for Lego.

I know super detailed minifigures aren't to everyone's tastes, but I think I'm more impressed every time I see a new wave of sets, in most themes. I've always considered minifigures to be an ancillary part of Lego, but more and more they're becoming reasons to buy sets for me.
  • doc oct is the bad side of ultimate spiderman, while venom/docter doom/beetle/nova and so on are the good side!
  • Good show TLG can't wait to see the sets.
  • Has there been another revision of batmans mask or is it me? Oh and black winged batman, oooooh yeeeeeah!
  • edited July 2012
    I literally flipped at the sight of all these amazing minifigures. No matter how much it is, I will be getting Venom, I LOVE the addition of the tentacles in back its very creative. I'm a bit disappointed on no new variation on Spidey's suit, would've loved a darker blue, as for Jameson, I like his figure yet the hairpiece doesn't really fit him. Doctor Doom is another of my favorites. His cap and hood look simply astonishing and same goes for the Beetle (could his wings be the basis for a future Wasp?). Nick Fury looks nice, yet he seems a bit disappointing for some reason. Over all, I will most likely be buying the sets with Venom, Doctor Doom, and maybe Beetle in them.

The DC line is simply yelling a "Arkham City" set. Several of the characters especially Joker, Harely and Freeze seem to be based on their designs in the videogame. For Batman's rouge gallery I am in shock. My personal favorites have to be Scarecrow, Hooded Robin, Aqua Man, Mr. Freeze and the (Dark Knight Rises) Bane. No doubt I will be buying the sets that contain these delightful figures. The nice variations of Batman are welcome, I suspect the white version will be a LEGO shop exclusive, unless it is his arctic suit. Not a big fan of Penguin however. Gordon is really nice to me, but would've welcomed the cop armor to be its own piece, but I like him nonetheless.

Starting to get the feeling that the figures with more wrinkles (therefore realistic) are based on Arkham City and Dark Knight Rises sets. LEGO always gives its minigfigures a more realistic face when is based on a movie or game property. I suspect Ivy won't be in the City set since she wasn't given a make over.

Overall, I am left with my jaws in awe at the amazing-ness of these figures, no doubt, I will be getting them in 2013!!
  • No sign of any Superman related sets then. I'm hoping the new sets go back to being darker like the films and original sets.
  • Oh mans... with this and Bag End, I think my wallet's gonna hate me next year...
  • ^I'm hoping for a camouflaged Tumbler! Or the new Bat Hovercraft seen in the trailers. Just wishing more vehicles and less play sets.
  • Yeah...the Venom fig. now looks like...Venom! Cool to see a Dr. Doom fig. Hopefully a Fantastic Four line is in the works.
    And looks like an Arkham Asylum set is coming up. Thx for the links @sidersdd
    I doubt there will be Fantastic Four, I think all the Marvel characters revealed here are from the Ultimate Spiderman TV series at the moment. But if the FF did make an a appearance in the show then we might!
    Marvel minifigures that I still want to see from LEGO:
    . War Machine
    . Cyclops, Beast, Xavier, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Storm
    . Iron Patriot
    . Red Hulk (just need to repaint Green Hulk!)
    . Luke Cage
    . Ant-Man and Wasp
    . Maria Hill
    . Hydra and SHIELD agents

And there is probably waaay more
  • No Flash? No GL? Darn.
  • If only the batman headpiece was also grey. It would totally be Owlman!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owlman_(comics)
  • When it comes to comic book properties, I'm really only fond of stuff found in the movies that I saw. Thus, I never collected any previous incarnations of Batman sets because none (save the Tumbler, which back then, I thought could have been executed better) were inspired by the Nolan films. Now, however, I might make my first foray into DC world with whichever set contains Bane and Commissioner Gordon. Now if only they could find an excuse to produce a Heath Ledger Joker.

The Avengers Quinjet Aerial Battle was my first Marvel Universe set, but I loved the Spiderman movies of the last decade. The addition of set with a Venom figure might be just the impetus I need to get my first Spiderman set.
  • Love the new idea of all of them. Most look fantastic. Definitely going to have to grab some sets.
  • Can anyone comment on how the Aquaman figure fits in with all this? Is this more of a hint of Justice league stuff or ...? Many of these figures can be seen as going together to produce great sets. Aquaman kind of stands out (in my own mind) as not going together with the others. Thoughts?
  • I get the feeling that Aquaman is going to be in a 'Superman and Pals' set much like Wonder Woman was this round.
  • Agreed. The first wave of DC and then Marvel stuff seemed to focus on one property, be it Batman or the Avengers, except for one set on each label that figured off-theme characters. I'm willing to be the second wave will be something similar.
  • Pretty disappointed at the lack of X-Men figures. The Dr. Doom figure is impressive, though.
  • It's strange, LEGO said to a blog they're not doing TDKR sets, anyway, I'll be getting a Venom, Nick Fury as well! Maybe I should get a job or three :P
  • :( No Daredevil....
  • Do people think that this is the full range of Superheroes minifigs for 2013? Has anything to that effect been said? For the people disappointed by the absence of certain characters, maybe they'll appear yet.

Also, kind of strange to release TDKR sets in 2013 with the film coming out next week.
  • edited July 2012
    hm...
  • More minifigs which haven't been unveiled yet..as there will be also Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 based sets next year..
  • @Steve_J_OM Keep in mind that 2013 usually means Christmas 2012, so it won't be too far off.
  • ^^^ Agreed, do you think we'll see Carnage sometime?
  • Does anyone know if Green Lantern will be released? I mean, he's a main DC character so it's hard to belive that he would remain a SDCC exclusive. Overall, I'm loving what.i'm seeing. Lego really are raisng the bar.
  • It was definitely announced that Lego would be making merchandise for the Superman Man of Steel film, and we've seen no Superman figs announced. This is probably the first wave of 2013 Superheroes minifigs only.
  • I think Green Lantern hit a snag when the movie tanked. If WB can get any kind of Justice League momentum again we may see GL, the Flash, Green Arrow, and others. I was hoping that at least the first two there would be out since they are in the new game, but we don't know what they have planned.
    If they can put out Nova (no offense to Marvel fans, I am one too), then we ought to see those DC ones show up eventually.
    Finally, I expected a Lizard figure rather than Venom, but I suppose MEGA BLOKS has the movie license and there is an issue there, somehow. Fine, then bring on the Kraven minifig!
  • If LEGO is doing Dark Knight Rises sets, why wouldn't they be out now, in the summer wave or even autumn wave, taking advantage of kids' interest in the film?
  • edited July 2012
    It's already done, but maybe there was a problem with WB licence.
  • I think the dark knight is a tough one for Lego. The film is not for kids so may miss their core demographic. That said this time next week it will be the biggest film of the year and maybe more. My guess is maybe something at Christmas to tie in with the BluRay/DVD release?
    Overall these figures look great and will be getting my cash, which means that the hobbit probably won't be - cant get everything :(
    Also I doubt Lego have shown their full hand here, they're going to want to keep one or two things up their sleeve.
  • I think the dark knight is a tough one for Lego. The film is not for kids so may miss their core demographic. That said this time next week it will be the biggest film of the year and maybe more.
    Doubtful on the last point. I think it will struggle to even get near the money The Dark Knight made, never mind The Avengers juggernaut. Even the Batman enthusiasts I know seem to feel this movie is going to be the worst of the three.

That aside, a set based on TDKR seems like an odd choice, especially given the more iconic comic book designs of these same characters that I assume TLG also had access to.
  • I think the dark knight is a tough one for Lego. The film is not for kids so may miss their core demographic. That said this time next week it will be the biggest film of the year and maybe more.

Doubtful on the last point. I think it will struggle to even get near the money
    The Dark Knight made, never mind The Avengers juggernaut. Even the Batman enthusiasts I know seem to feel this movie is going to be the worst of the three.

That aside, a set based on TDKR seems like an odd choice, especially given the more iconic comic book designs of these same characters that I assume TLG also had access to.
    No offence but... Are you mad?! Expectation for TDKR is HUGE! If not THE most anticipated film of the year. I don't know of a film/comic book/Nolan Batman fan who isn't hyped for this film, I know I am!

I'm a lego note, yeah it is a tough one. I can't remember how they worked it with the previous Dark Knight sort of set (the tumbler), was it even acknowledged as such? Or was it just part of the general line? I don't see a problem with this set being released after the film in the next wave of sets. I think excitement will be maintained if it contains an iconic vehicle or scene (like one of those camp tumbler tanks from the trailer).

• Employee at the Lego store in Dallas on Friday I was talking to said he had seen a sneak peek at the upcoming Dark Knight Rises set which will be a Camo Tumbler coming out in December. I know you have to take that with a grain of salt but now that the camo DKR bane fig is on display it gives a lot more credence to his story. I sure hope he is right!
  • The difficult part here is patience. I'm sure LEGO will get to a lot, if not all, of these highly desired characters, but they'll draw it out so that they have someone new every year. I remember what it was like when the Star Wars line came out. The line started and we didn't get Han or Chewie or 3PO for a whole year. Another year after that before there was a Stormtrooper. Another year still before Yoda. If TLG releases all the cool heroes and villains now they won't have anything to excite people with in the line for the years after that.

Problem is, the waiting still sucks.
  • ^Thank you for the tidbit, enough to hang my hat on! I'm really liking what TLG has in store for Wave 2 based on the figs alone. Also can't forget about Electro-suit Batman that will be coming out with the Encyclopedia soon.