New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.

Once you've signed up, please wait 12 hours or so for your account to be approved.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Disassembly and Reassembly of Micro Pull-back Motor Assembly

Hi,
I'm not sure which is the best forum to post this, but I was messing with a stuck micro pull-back motor today, and ended up disassembling it.

After much trial and error, I managed to reassemble it. Enclosed are some photos of a disassembled Micro Pull-back Motor Assembly, and the steps to reassemble it.

Hopefully it would be of interest to someone.

This links to Picasa Web Album for the photos.
LEGO Micro Pull-back Motor Reassembly
The only problem is that the torque for the spring is too low after reassembly. I'm too lazy to try and figure out how to fix that problem, but it would be good to know how the original motor manages to achieve such high torque.

(One possible reason is that the spring came out from the chassis while it was disassembled, and could have been reinserted in the wrong direction (clockwise/anti-clockwise)). Note: Normally the spring will stay attached even when the Motor Assembly is opened.

Comments

• Wow. Thanks for sharing. I had no idea there was a pullback motor that small. This seems to be a feat of engineering considering how big they were before this. Looks like this is the first one to be horizontal as opposed to vertical. Hope these come out in more readily available sets soon.