New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Comments

• Cool!

Thanks for posting this news, I'm buying LOTR on Blu-ray and I'll buy this as well!
  • Cool, hopefully that'll show up in the UK somewhere!
  • Is this a Target exclusive?
  • cloaked7 said:

Is this a Target exclusive?

In the US, I believe so.

• edited February 2013
    Is this the first time we've see a promotional minifig with a non-lego product? (all the promo figs I can think of have been with lego computer games or lego animated films).
  • May be. There was an exclusive Yoda with a Star Wars Clone Wars DVD, wasn't there? I think I got it just for the minifig. It's buried with my other LEGOS somewhere.
  • AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH... the whole world is against lego collectors, taking our money. :oP
    icey117
  • @andhe Target had a Black Pearl poly in the blu box set of the PotC films.

Also, I want to do this except they have announced extended editions of the film coming in November and I hate buying the same movie twice.
  • @andhe

There have been quite a few promo figures released with non LEGO products, such as Nesquik and Coca-Cola.
  • Welcome to Europe, I going to get the movie anyway, so why not with the minifig!
  • boom. ordered.
  • @andhe

There have been quite a few promo figures released with non LEGO products, such as Nesquik and Coca-Cola.

Ah yes, I forgot those obvious ones. I was thinking more along the lines of the recent dvd/game promos.

• andhe said:

Is this the first time we've see a promotional minifig with a non-lego product? (all the promo figs I can think of have been with lego computer games or lego animated films).

The Sun is not lego. :-)

And at least here you something decent with the minifig.
  • Ordered. Thanks!
  • Does it come with a digital copy?
  • This seems a strange thing to do IMO, from our point of view great, but from the average Joe who just wants the film, would they want a cheap tacky toy (average Joes perspective) on there DVD cover?
    Say you collect Alien movies and the new Alien movie comes out with a crappy megablox figure stuck all over the front, would put me off, not like you can just throw it away it is part of the cover....
  • Lots of Lego fans love Hobbit, but I wouldn't say lots of Hobbit fans love Lego!
    Legoboy
  • gmpirate said:

Does it come with a digital copy?

I'm assuming so. The Target listing shows "Ultraviolet", which is the digital copy technology.
  • I preferred the way they did Lex in the Batman game. Just an insert inside. The game player can sell the polybag, the polybag collector can sell the game.
  • Hope we get this in the UK
  • I really wish Target would get with the times and offer store pickup.
  • DVD / BR out today in the UK. Does anyone know if the exclusive edition is coming, and which store will get it?
  • These have shown back up at my local Target in Dover ,DE . Had at least 20 on the shelf after having none since release. Course now at $29.99 each.
  • does target ship to the uk ?
  • Anyone got the DPCI number for the version with Bilbo, I've just googled it and all I found was the one for the version without Bilbo (058-37-0785), although a forum entry on another site suggested it was the same DPCI number for both versions. Can someone that owns it check for me please.
  • Never would have bought it had I known it was not compatible with iTunes :(
  • I emailed warner and they said that there are no plans to release it with the figure.
  • Bad news, but at least we know now not go hunt round any more for it!
  • Can it be ordered from the US or is it too late? Otherwise we might place a joint order and share the costs..
  • It is still available and online for $24.99 and $25.64 after red card discount and taxes (for my location). Sending 10 to 15 in one package to UK would be $6.55 to $9.45 (minifigs only). If someone in the UK want to coordinate something, I can do fulfill the order on this side. PM me if interested.
  • I would be happy to start the ball rolling, PM sent from me. If you are in the UK and looking for a Bilbo Minifigure, it would seem you can send @ColoradoBricks a PM and hopefully we can get enough people interested to make sending some over to the UK worthwhile. I am sure there are plenty of people keen to get their hands on this figure.
  • It is probably better if someone coordinates all the UK orders so I can send a single package to that person, that would then redistribute to the buyers. I can do one at time if someone does not go that route, but prices will be $33.75 per minifig using paypal ($32.19 if sending personal payment) vs less than $28 for 10+ (I would also return any $ I make by selling the movies but I do not expect to clear more than couple bucks each)
  • In that case anyone interested can PM me.
  • Just be aware that Target may not actually ship you the correct verison, if you order online. I ordered a copy, and while it clearly stated that it came w/ Bilbo, the version I got in the mail was a regular package set w/ NO MINIFIGURE! Needless to say, I returned it...which was painless to do, but I annoying that I don't have what I thought I would be getting.
  • @wrangler6915, when I got to my previous order and click on the item, it now goes to a DVD without the minifig, so it is gone from Target.com. A few days ago, I have see some in stores (they can't be returned, only exchanged, else I would buy a bunch now for a potential order...)
  • @CapnRex101 Count me in if this goes through. However it seems that it is no longer available. What about Canadian stores? Was the offer exclusive to the US?

Otherwise we might want to console ourselves with Clark Kent figures if these can be preordered now.. Those won't be sold in the UK either right?
  • @AvengerDr, I am coordinating with @CapnRex101, yes it is not available online, but I still saw some in store a few days ago, however at $29.99. I will PM CapnRex101 to see if he is OK to also do the superman, right now they are at $14.49 on Amazon for the DVD version.
  • @ColoradoBricks, I think unopened movies (DVD & Blu-ray) can be returned according to the policy posted online:
    http://www.target.com/HelpContent?help=/sites/html/TargetOnline/help/returns_and_refunds/returns_and_refunds.html
  • Just to back up my statement, I have found the e-mail:

Dear Jordan,

Thank you for your email.

We have no plans for this in the UK at the moment.

Kind regards,

Dianne Enefer
    WBHE Customer Services Executive
  • a Short and not so sweet reply.
  • @fizicyst, I tried to return the one I pre-ordered on target.com, they only put in an envelope and it was crushed/damaged. I was told that I can only exchange it, after I showed them a receipt that I already bought a new one, they agreed to refund me (after a long call to HQ for an authorization code). But it could have been because it was damaged..
  • I wonder how many sales they will miss out on due to this not being offered here. I know some people will still buy it anyway, but I'll probably rent it instead of buying it now.
  • Same here, wont be picking up a copy now unless an extended version is released.
  • Bummer! I'm starting to worry about Clark Kent... Should I order the Lego Batman movie from amazon.com or do we expect it to be available on .co.uk?
  • atkinsar said:

Anyone got the DPCI number for the version with Bilbo, I've just googled it and all I found was the one for the version without Bilbo (058-37-0785)

I just bought a copy at City Target in SF (which charges a $5 premium, ho hum) and I can confirm it's the same DPCI for the Lego exclusive; 058370785.
  • ^ Thank you!
  • CCC said:

I wonder how many sales they will miss out on due to this not being offered here.

Ive cancelled my plans to buy a copy now. I'd probably cave and buy an extended version if they do it. but would have jumped at being able to buy this version.
  • Is there a specific version to buy at Target for the figure? Becasue I notice the link provided above does not seem to say anything about the figure being included
  • Is there a specific version to buy at Target for the figure? Becasue I notice the link provided above does not seem to say anything about the figure being included

Unfortunately Target's exclusives seem to have the same store DCPI as the normal versions. Never figured out why ,but its been that way with almost all of them. Only way to get one for sure is find it in store.

Unfortunately Target's exclusives seem to have the same store DCPI as the normal versions. Never figured out why ,but its been that way with almost all of them. Only way to get one for sure is find it in store.
    Only the BluRay Combo pack comes with Bilbo. I wanted the 3D version, but I had to settle with this to get Bilbo.