New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.

Once you've signed up, please wait 12 hours or so for your account to be approved.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What was your Black Friday LEGO haul?

Well, it's been a busy day of buying, so I thought I would ask what everyone ended up buying today. I posted a full recap of my LEGO Black Friday on my blog, along with lots of photos from the selection at Barnes & Noble and LEGO Store. You can check that out here: http://brickupdate.com

Here is the recap of what I bought:

Star Wars Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker ($180.75 from LEGO Store)
Imperial Flagship ($130 from LEGO Store)
Public Transport ($72.23 from LEGO Store)
2 Republic Frigates ($57.78 each from B&N)
Queen Anne’s Revenge ($57.78 from B&N)
Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ ($43.33 from B&N)
City of Atlantis ($33.70 from B&N)
Harry Potter Hogwarts ($24.07 from B&N)
Harry Potter The Knight Bus ($16.85 from B&N)

Looking forward to hearing what others bought!
Thanks.
-Dan

Comments

• 4x - XXL Box (5512) - $30 each @ Walmart
    2x - Emerald Night - $75 @ LEGO Store
    3x - Winter Toy Shop - $45 @ LEGO Store
    1x - VW Camper Van - $120 @ LEGO Store
    2x - Holiday Set 1 of 2 - $10 @ LEGO Store
    1x - Red Bauble - $8 @ LEGO Store
    1x - Green Bauble - $8 @ LEGO Store
    2x - Christmas Poly Bags - $5 @ LEGO Store
    1x - Keychain - $2.48 @ LEGO Store
    1x - Wedding Cake Topper - $8 @ LEGO Store
    3x - Holiday Set 2 of 2 - Free @ LEGO Store
    4x - Pick A Brick Boxes - Free @ LEGO Store
    1x - Robie House - $99.97 @ B&N

I think that's it for today!
    Brent
  • ^^ So far I haven't spent a dime! (I know, surprising) Also, is the LEGO Store you went to located in Natick Mall, Massachusetts? It looks very familiar. :)
  • I got:

Police Pursuit- Lego Store
    Christmas Tree x 2- Lego Store
    Police Dog Transport- Lego Store
    Ambulance-Lego Store
    Creator Propeller Adventures-Lego Store
    Creator Super Soarer-Lego Store
    Holiday Set 2 of 2-Lego Store
    Creator X-Mas Wreath x2- TRU BOGO
    Creator Mini Sports Car- TRU BOGO
    Creator Mini Fire Rescue-TRU BOGO

Standing in line at the Lego store I watched what people were pulling and 1 guy had 2 others with him to help him out. He pulled down: EN, Imperial Flagship, Death Star, Fire Brigade, Pet Shop, and the Imperial Shuttle. Now THATS a haul.
  • This sucks. My LEGO Store told me they were not selling Holiday set #1 for $10. :(
  • edited November 2011
    I got:

2x Imperial Flagship - Lego S@H
    1x Cad Bane's Speeder - Lego S@H
    1x Straight and Flex Tracks - Lego S@H
    2x Holiday Set 2 of 2 - Lego S@H
    1x Ninjago Fire Temple - Barnes & Noble
    1x King's Carriage Rescue - Barnes & Noble
    2x XXL set 5512 - Walmart

Still need to get Holiday Set #1 somewhere.... Lego B&M are over 2 hours away :(
  • edited November 2011
    This sucks. My LEGO Store told me they were not selling Holiday set #1 for $10. :(
    My LEGO store didn't have many of them... Maybe just a dozen or so. As soon as people saw me grabbing a few, they disappeared. (They were hidden on a shelf, behind the Birthday Party Kits.)

Brent
  • This sucks. My LEGO Store told me they were not selling Holiday set #1 for $10. :(
    I called the Tigard, OR store on Wednesday, the manager said they were all sold out from the prior promotion.
  • My store said they were supposed to sell them but the decision was changed and he said something about sending them back.
  • This is so disheartening. Sales like this are unheard of where I come from...

Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ - $43.33
    and Winter Toy Shop - $45!

So sad at the moment... :(
  • edited November 2011
    From my early Black Friday haul (last week), online through the week and then today at Toys R Us...stacked many with VIP points, discounts, coupons, BOGO's, etc...I got...

1 - Lego Vip lanyard & Badge (simple/silly but a keepsake nonetheless)
    3 - PaB boxes (free)
    1 - Holiday Set #1(free)
    2 - Holiday Sets #2 (free)
    1 - Ninjago Mountain Shrine
    2 - Games Ramses Return (50% off)
    1 - Heroica Castle Fortaan (Target 50% off)
    1 - Alien Conquest Earth Defense (25% off Amazon)
    1 - Kingdom's Escape from the Dragon's Prison
    1 - Star Wars Battle for Geonosis
    1 - Star Wars Hoth Echo Base
    1 - Star Wars Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator
    1 - Mini Santa Set (polybag)
    1 - Holiday Stocking (polybag)
    1 - Christmas Tree (polybag)
    1 - Pharaoh's Quest Skeleton Mummy's Battle Pack ($5.00)
    3 - Ornaments (1 each of red/green/gold)
    1 - BrickJournal #15
    1 - Dino Ambush Attack
    1 - Creator Prehistoric Hunters
    1 - Creator Propeller Adventures
    1 - Dino Raptor Chase
    1 - Ninjago Venomari Shrine (50% off TRU)
    1 - Ninjago Rattlecopter
    1 - Ninjago Cole's Tread Assault (50% off TRU)
    1 - Ninjago Card Shrine (polybag)
    1 - Star Wars Vulture Droid mini (polybag)
    1 - Holiday Wreath (50% off TRU)
    1 - Games Ramses Pyramid ($9.99 Target)
    1 - Games Race 3000 (50% off)

Cool today to get some early 2012 NinjaGo sets plus I finally found a Card Shrine (couldn't find one of these in awhile).

Overall some frugal shopping and got what I needed for all the kids at Xmas. Chillin'...;)
    Oh, also...I never seen this NinjaGo before. It's like a large mini-fig with a sound f/x piece you attached to you belt. Here's the pic below. Has this been around before?
    NinjaGo photo.JPG
    478 x 640 - 140K
  • 1 - 10221 Super Star Destroyer
    1 - 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van
    1 - 8038 The Battle of Endor
    1 - 10222 Winter Village Post Office
    1 - 21011 Brandenburg Gate
    1 - 6912 Super Soarer
    1 - 6911 Mini Fire Rescue
    1 - 6910 Mini Sports Car
    1 - 8068 Rescue Helicopter
    1 - 6914 Prehistoric Hunters
    1 - 7292 Propeller Adventures
    1 - 7291 Street Rebel
    1 - 8065 Mini Container Truck
    6 - 21010 Robie House
    2 - 7946 King's Castle
    2 - 4841 Hogwarts Express
    2 - 5765 Transport Truck
    15 - 5512 LEGO XXL Box
    5 - 5511 LEGO Duplo XXL Box
    1 - 8068 Rescue Helicopter
    1 - 8038 The Battle of Endor
    12 - 5893 Off-Road Power
    1 - 8061 Gateway of the Squid
    1 - 40022 Mini Santa Set
    1 - 8678 Ultimate Build Francesco
    1 - 40024 X-mas Tree
    1 - 40023 Holiday Stocking
    1 - LEGO Mug with Logo
    1 - Tote Bag Large
    1 - 8677 Ultimate Build Mater
    1 - 5659 The Great Train Chase
    1 - Signature MF Playing Cards
    1 - 8484 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen

And of course I ended up with multiple copies of the 2 of 2 holiday set, a dozen Pick a Brick boxes, and plenty of LEGO VIP points and TRU rewards

Total cost? I really don't want to know, but lets just say it was over a thousand bucks. :)

Now where was that 12 step program? :)
  • edited November 2011
    Overall some frugal shopping and got what I needed for all the kids at Xmas. Chillin'...;)
    Oh, also...I never seen this NinjaGo before. It's like a large mini-fig with a sound f/x piece you attached to you belt. Here's the pic below. Has this been around before?
    I saw these at Big Lots! on Thanksgiving Day for $9.80 each.
  • @brickupdate...man, B & N had the best deals by far, and for a bookstore, a great selection of Lego. By me, they have only a few sets besides the Architecture series.
  • edited November 2011
    @Russell844, ahh...so they just came out. TRU had these and a couple of other characters for $11.99. Thx.
    @LegoFanTexas, man...that's a HAUL! Some lucky Lego kids gonna' have a great Christmas.
  • @legoDad - Yea, you should have heard my wife's eyes rolling tonight when I came home from a second trip to the mall (B&N and Lego stores are there) with a bag in each hand.
  • edited November 2011

Now where was that 12 step program? :)
    i said the same to my wife as i was about to head out to B&N at the end of the day... i said, "gimme a budget or else it could be dangerous" she replied jokingly with, "we're broke" so i didn't go. :) gotta keep the mrs happy.

but BEFORE that conversation, this happened:

ewok attack (HEB*)
    mobile police unit (HEB)
    handful (5-6?) of polybags SW & Atlantis (HEB)
    anakin & sebulba's podracers (amazon lightning deal)
    city transport (s@h)
    3x emerald night (1x s@h, 2x in-store)
    2x 2of2 holiday free set
    3x free PAB box (in store)
    2x alien conquest battle pack (in store)

seemed like a lot to me,
    but in comparison,
    i guess i got off easy.

*HEB is a texas grocery store that had 33% off all lego today.

• At the LEGO Store this morning I got:

Sensei Wu keychain
    2x Minifig Wedding sets
    40023 Christmas Stocking
    4435 Car and Caravan
    4432 Garbage Truck
    4431 Ambulance
    Birthday Party Kit
    3300002 Holiday Set #2 (free)
    Holiday PAB Box (free)
    *All for 10% off
  • Zip. France is a LEGO bargain wasteland. But I love living vicariously through you guys.
  • Thanks everyone for sharing your deals! My wife has been great about this, at around 7pm last night she asked: "Are you going back to Barnes & Noble again?"

For those who don't live near deals like this, I'm sorry to hear that. It feels absurd to find some of these deals. All I can say is that's why I never complain on this forum about missing out on anything. Definitely lucky to be near so many stores like this.

@legoDad I first saw those larger Ninjago figures a couple weeks back at my local foodstore. I have since seen them at Toys R Us.
  • I sat this one out. I've spent a crap load of money in the last several months and I want to be in the wifes good graces when the Super Hero line hits stores :)
  • I feel like a rank amateur next to some of you guys. I only got the Imperial Flagship and Mideival Market Village on Black Friday. In the week leading up to BF I got SW Tantive IV, Winter Village Toy Shop and WV Bakery.
  • @Rollo_Tomassi - You really shouldn't feel that way. You don't know the personal situation behind the larger "hauls".
  • @Rollo_Tomassi I feel ya, I only got an Emerald Night and Heavy Lift Helicopter. For the VIP online event I got a Post Office. As of today, I'm saving my pennies for Boxing Day :)
  • @LegoFanTexas made a good point. I do wonder what everyone does with the sets they buy. For me, if I like the set, I build one and keep another MIB. There are some sets where I just want the minifigs, so I take those out, build the set for the experience, then ebay it, keeping the minifigs. And for others, I just can't pass up a good deal - the mania takes over! :)
  • @brickupdate - you mean what am I going to do with 12 Off-Road Power sets? ;)

Got those from TRU, using various coupons and discounts, my cost delivered including sales tax was $40 a set. I don't know about you, but it is hard to go wrong at that price! :)

I'm not getting rich at it, but it does help feed the addiction (how do you think I talk the wife into letting me have all this?). I bought a 10221 Super Star Destroyer for my personal collection and a 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van for my wife, I have to pay for that SOMEHOW! :)
  • @brickupdate I primarily buy sets for my kids, right now they are too young to build most of them, but I also have been picking up sets I think I'll enjoy building for them right now. I've also been buying an extra one to keep MIB for who knows what.
  • Good grief I thought I was bad .. but LegoFanTexas that takes the biscuit unless you were just listing nice Lego sets ;)

Do you guys sell on or just buy to use as those are 'big' lists even for the US !!

I live in FInland but still managed to get the following from the UK from BF:

2 x Anakin & Sebulba's podracers (TRU UK £40 ea. with Free £20 voucher)
    1 x Santa Fireplace (Free)
    1 x Winter Toy shop (Full price)
    1 x Lego Motor (for EN) (Full price)

Lego shop UK have the Death Star @ £245 or so which is cheap for here. But no, not bought that !

Bought my 6 yr old son the EN and Red train a while back when they were on offer. So he will have a busy (and hopefully enjoyable Chrimbo). :)
  • @LegoFanTexas - I just noticed your list said SIX Robie Houses! Would LOVE to see photos of your haul or collection!
  • I really need to stop shopping

1-Scorpion Pyramid -B&N $65
    1-King's Castle -B&N $60
    1-Republic Frigate B&N $65
    1-EN-Lego $74
    1-Medieval Market Village -Lego $89
    1-Imperial Flagship-Lego-$130
    1-Robbie House-$120

My best haul was a week before Black Friday at 3 different Walmarts

28 Freeing Dobby $1ea
    7 Forbidden Forest $5ea
    4 Hagrid's Hut $20ea
    1 Hogwarts $20ea
    1 Hogwarts Express $10ea ( I almost hit the floor when I priced check this item and freeing Dobby )
    2 Rise of the Sphinx $20ea
  • So is this just Black friday purchases or all purchases made in like the last two weeks or what?
  • edited November 2011
    @brickupdate - well, here are 5 of them... :) the 6th is on a different shelf since it is being saved to be built, the 5 here are investment sets...

edit: added a picture of the pick-a-brick boxes earned yesterday
    2011-11-26_12-44-27_579.jpg
    1632 x 1224 - 687K
    2011-11-26_12-44-41_828.jpg
    1632 x 1224 - 716K
  • @LegoFanTexas WOW - Very cool! (Also: add another Emerald Night to my list of purchases this weekend.)

@madforlegos I suppose this thread could cover the past couple weeks. Been a busy "season" so far!
  • Umm can the Mods or Admin please erase this thread, I live in australia and quite frankly it's making me ill (read with a sarcastic tone and frowning brow :D)
  • edited November 2011
    I don't have available a big budget for LEGO sales, plus everything needs to be approved by the wife, and since Oct/2009 when i became an AFOL, I've never had the opportunity to either buy an exclusive LEGO set, or enjoy Brick Friday at it's fullest in a LEGO store, scoring the cool exclusive free items they always give this time of the year. With a modest US$300 budget at hand and the green light from the wife, I decided to go for both this year, shopping for sets I think will see the end of their cycle this holiday season, and were not into my collection yet, so I've got:

1x 6743 Creator Street Speeder
    1x 40022 Mini Santa Set - For my daughter
    1x 5930 Road Construction Building - For one of my boys
    1x 2191 Hero Factory Furno 3.0 - For my other boy
    1x 853353 Santa Magnet - For my fridge
    3x 852552 Star Wars Magnet Set (Boba Fett, Leia in Bikini, Royal Guard) @ $7.48 each
    1x 10199 Winter Toy Shop (@ $44.99)
    1x 10198 Star Wars Tantive IV (@ $101.24)
    1x 10194 Emerald Night (@ 67.49)
    1x 3300002 Holiday Set 2 of 2 (Free)
    3x PAB Boxes (Free)

It hurts not to have enjoyed the great B&N 50% off sale (Had the City Fire Station reserved there), or the XXL 1600 Bricks jumbo box from Wal-Mart, but I just decided to do all my Black Friday shopping at LEGO stores, and I do not regret, as I scored 3 exclusive sets I really wanted with a considerable discount.

Now I will save for Xmas. I intend to get the Medieval Market Village, Fire Brigade, Winter Bakery, Winter Post Office and Grand Emporium. Yes, a bit bold, but I will refrain from getting some of the smaller stuff I buy all the time at Target, Wal-Mart and TRU, and i think I can get at least the first 3 on this list before Xmas or on Dec. 26th's Big Sale!
  • I just got a couple gift card sets at Target. They weren't on the pegs when I first checked in electronics and by gift cards so I looked around at other stuff for a while. Then I remembered I wanted to ask about something else in the electronics dept and found they had just restocked them in both places while I was browsing.

I was tempted to get the Creator Off-road Power set at TRU, but passed on it.
  • For a change I didn't buy much. Just an Imperial Flagship with a couple other of the new City sets tossed on for good measure. I've got two weeks' travel in three states coming up so my wallet's looking at flights, hotels and spending time with friends right now (part of which will include the ritual trip to the Lego store).
  • ^That new Chinook helicopter, Forest Police Station and Recycling Truck do look pretty spiffy.
  • Modest but satisfying:

14 christmas trees
    9 Target gift cards
    1 wedding couple
    1 magnet
    1 sticker sheet
    3 build a minifigure (pharaoh, pop singer, and hospitality hostess)
    1 PAB box (free)
    1 Santa Clause fireplace (free)

The bam was the most satisfying for me. :) The pop singer got a wrench as her accessory; it was either that, or a shovel. ;P

• ^Great to get a Pharaoh out of the BaM. My local BaM runs always sells out of the better parts when I get there.
  • edited November 2011
    I've picked up many items from varies retailers and online sales. Plus, eBay items during the frenzy of the moment. It's been a nice Black Friday haul. I only buy for myself, not for reselling, so my list of duplicates and/or items it not so great as others.
  • I knew I shouldn't have read this thread, extremely jealous right now, no Black Friday down here. @LegoFanTexas I think you might need to build a storage room!
  • We don't have black Friday here. But I did buy a couple of Legos;
    7305 Pharaoh's Quest ( w killer scarab beetle )
    3221 City Truck

I know, I've been financially tight lately :P
  • Thank you Barnes and Noble for a truly awesome sale. I hit up 4 Barnes and Nobles in my area for the items below. Two of the stores are in Delaware so no tax on those purchases. It will be interesting to see if Barnes and Noble can keep up these 40% off toy coupons. It is going to hard to go back to 20-30% off. The sets on sale at Lego Shop at Home were good since these were not at Barnes and Noble. I’m done buying for a while (the famous last words of a AFOL). Really, I am.

Mobile Crane @B&N for $53.99
    City Corner @ B&N for $32.39
    Prince of Persia Sand of Time @B&N for $26.99
    City of Atlantis @ B&N for $37.79
    Portal of Atlantis @ B&N for $53.99
    Atlantis Exploration HQ @B&N for $26.99
    Castle Prison Carriage Rescue @B&N for $5.49
    Pirates of the Caribbean Queen Anne’s Revenge @B&N for $64.77
    Pirates of the Caribbean Whitecap Bay @B&N for $43.17
    Pirates of the Caribbean The Mill @B&N for $21.57
    Pirates of the Caribbean The London Escape @B&N for $26.99
    Pirates of the Caribbean The Cannibal Escape @B&N for $16.17
    Harry Potter The Burrows @ B&N $32.99
    Harry Potter Hogwart’s Express @B&N for $43.19
    Harry Potter Hagrid’s Hut @B&N for $21.57
    Harry Potter Quidditch Match @B&N for $10.77
    5512 XXL box (3X) @ Walmart for $30
    Emerald Night @ Lego S&H for $67.48
    Public Transit @ Lego S&H for $67.48
    Star Wars Tantive IV @ Lego S&H for $101.23
    Holiday Set #2 (2X) @ Lego S&H for $0
    Maersk Container Ship @ Lego Store $ $107.99 (someone just returned it)
  • @bri4jenn Wow - nice haul. Especially like the icing on the cake at the end - the Maersk Container Ship!
  • Ahh!!! you got a Maersk Container Ship!!!

Grr... Can I buy it from you? :) My wife would enjoy building that and I can't justify paying the $200 price on Amazon for one. :)

Sigh...
  • I almost fell over when I saw the Maersk container ship on the wall between the PAB wall and the registers. My first instinct was to immediately grab it. When I took it to the register, the cashier did a double take and said someone just returned that like 2 minutes ago. Lucky me. Timing is everything I guess. I plan to build this with my son some day. In fact we have a lot to build now. I was caught a little off guard by the container ship going end of life so soon. It seems like it just came out this year. I couldn't justify the $200 prices on the secondary market either. It is still available in the UK.
  • XXL Brick box- $30 @ Walmart.
    City Corner- $40 @ Toys R Us.

Nothing crazy.
  • edited November 2011
    Ahh!!! you got a Maersk Container Ship!!!

Grr... Can I buy it from you? :) My wife would enjoy building that and I can't justify paying the $200 price on Amazon for one. :)

Sigh...
    Don't worry, with the way LEGO is they will probably re-release it again in 2-3 years