New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.

Once you've signed up, please wait 12 hours or so for your account to be approved.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

10218 Pet Shop -- Is it Worth it?

edited December 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
What do you think? Not available for BOGO50% anywhere that I could find nor at B&N with coupon, etc. Worth full price? I appreciate any replies. Thanks.

Comments

• I haven't built mine yet, but it is on the list (after 127 other things).

I haven't seen it on sale yet, and it has been out for many months. In general, I don't see the modular sets on sale, so you might end up buying it for full price.
  • It is definitely worth the money. Best thing is you don't have to put them side by side if you own the other modulars. Too bad we can;t buy the Brownstones separate though. It would be sweet to have 10 of them.
  • It is definitely worth the money. Best thing is you don't have to put them side by side if you own the other modulars. Too bad we can;t buy the Brownstones separate though. It would be sweet to have 10 of them.
    I was thinking the same thing!
  • I agree! Worth every penny. Especially if you like the whole modular line. I am still kicking myself for selling my Green Grocer and Cafe Corner last year. Now they are selling for $300-1000. I loved both of them.
  • It was the first modular I built. My wife suprised me with it after a long day of work. It is worth it!
  • Just becuase it seems a bit smaller I use VIP points, or if I am able, a BOGO, or other deal to get those.. Id rather not pay retail for any modulars, but especially the Pet shop.
    But with the way TRU has been lately with their limit one garbage you may not have much of a choice... As amazon rarely puts Modulars up for sale since the Green Grocer I believe
  • Thanks for all the responses. I have been lurking on this site forever and finally signed up. You guys rock!!!

I too hate to pay full retail for anything! I have been saving my VIP points waiting for those 2012 sets not yet released. I may pull the trigger with the pet shop instead and at least get free shipping too. Should have done it last week and rec'd the add'l 10% off...ugh. It is an entire $1 under full retail at Amazon! Not available for shipping anywhere else.

My splurge on myself last year at this time was Diagon Alley and I do not regret that purchase. However, I already purchased the Volkswagen for myself this year.

• I paid retail at 26.250 yen ( you do the math ). But as starfire2 and adello25 said, it's well worth it. The interiors were well furnished, except the one the Lego worker was workin' on. The kitchen IMO was one of the best rooms I've seen.
  • Since many high-density city blocks are easily 75% or more "brownstones," this set may be more typical of reality than the other modulars, which is one of the things I really like about it. I'd like to use the directions and build more of them, but using different colors, to fill a real city block. Definitely get it if you're into the modulars.
  • Thanks for all the replies. I did it. Looking forward to building it. Hopefully, I can find time with all the holiday chores ...hmm, does monitoring this site count toward things that must be done?!

As I mentioned on different thread, FAO has Pet Shop and Fire Brigade back in stock. Use RETAILME25 to save $25 on $150..throw in a brick separator or CMF to hit minimum and get free gift too ... the Ninjago alarm clock is really cute and a good gift for just in case. Not a bad deal.