We've introduced a new feature to display your country alongside your posts. Please edit your profile and fill in the 'Location' field. This will be particularly useful in the marketplace category. Thank you.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

When will the LEGO S@H Christmas Sale Begin?

Comments

• I hate paying for shipping...
  • Or do I just order 99 of them? Would Lego even ship that many, or would they cancel the order?
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City
    Lego Champion $12.98 (Target is sold out of those by the way).
  • Well - have fun everyone! Nothing here worth ordering personally, especially with shipping costs added in. I'm with @yellowcastle - my gut is that over the next few weeks, you will see additional items added in (esp in stores) and deeper discounts.

I may take a trip to the LEGO Store tomorrow, but not sure if it's really worth the drive.
    This has been a fun thread though!
    -Dan
  • I don't like it either, but the VIP points cancel out shipping, so the question is, are the items worth buying at these discounts?
  • edited December 2011
    Interestingly enough, two of the sets I got for 50% on the 26th last year - 8214 Lamborgini Polizia and 8052 Container Truck - are only 20% off this year. I'm still going to the store tomorrow, boxing day shopping is a tradition, but the online sales prices just don't cut it, especially considering one needs to add shipping and I have Disney annual pass that gives me 10% off everything at LEGO everyday. Looks like LEGO is going to a step-discount clearance model like most retailers. Makes sense, and pleases my wallet.

But we can hopefully but the rest the premature rumors that Alien Conquest and PotC are on the way out. They aren't.
  • @prevere - yes, but it is $21.90 with free shipping and no tax on Amazon, so $13 for Lego Champion isn't really THAT great a deal...
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City
    You're right - given there is no free shipping right now. Kinda got used to that lately.
  • edited December 2011
    @sidersdd. Yup, I read earlier what you guys wrote about sale prices not showing up on the main shopping screen, so I just went ahead and added all products I was interested in, opened the cart screen, and waited. At 9:20pst, I refreshed and saw a free Kendo Jay in that batch. Looked at the description, and it said the promotion was good through 1/31/2012.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Kendo-Jay-Booster-Pack-5000030?s=6001863
  • Or do I just order 99 of them? Would Lego even ship that many, or would they cancel the order?
    They would ship it. I ordered 99 Monster 4 sets last month for $2 each (for the mini fig heads) and those shipped with no problem. It took 4 or 5 huge boxes.
  • Those poor Zonstruct-A-Zurg are going to be sitting there for a LONG time...

Or they'll be sitting on eBay and Amazon for a LONG time... Easy to bite, 50 of them are only $343.10, that sounds affordable, until you consider that is affordable to everyone. Watch, they'll be $9.99 with free shipping after the new year on Amazon.

That will net you about $6 after all is said and done, which is LESS than these will cost you now. Avoid this one at all costs... I didn't buy a single one of them...
  • Here's what I got:

3843 - Ramses Pyramid (x12 @ $3.98/ea)
    - excellent parts for this price, need the tan baseplates for desert MOC

853176 - Mummy Battlepack (x5 @$3.48/ea)
    - love the flying mummys, but will probably resell later

3847 - Magma Monster (x2 @ $3.48/ea)
    - needed a couple more orange base plates for lava scene, which go for about $2.50 on Bricklink

7040 - Alien Striker (x1 @ $3.98/ea)
    - I didn't have a sealed one of these yet for my AC collection. Just need UFO Abduction and the Walker now.

5000030 - Kendo Jay Booster Pack (free)
    - Kids will enjoy this one

Paying for shipping sucks, but I don't need to visit the store now.
  • @louislego - coming from me this might sound silly, but I feel weird ordering 99 of something at one time...

The other deals I had to buy 2 or 4 of at a time using BOGO or other deals, so until the stuff showed up it never felt like much, but boy, putting 99 items in your card is strange...
  • All right, just bought 50 of the 3843 - Ramses Pyramid - What can I say, that is a heck of a price...

• @louislego - coming from me this might sound silly, but I feel weird ordering 99 of something at one time...

The other deals I had to buy 2 or 4 of at a time using BOGO or other deals, so until the stuff showed up it never felt like much, but boy, putting 99 items in your card is strange...
    I know what you mean, but I really wanted those minifig heads, and I wasn't about to ask Lego to de-bag them to ship just the heads or something. And it would beat buying 100 at the store. And I got the free shadow ARF trooper to top it off.
  • Couldn't bring myself to buy 99 of them, that felt just silly...

Now what am I going to do with them? Haven't a clue, maybe I'll have one monster baseplate collection! :)
  • I am really disappointed at this sale. I believe LEGO really managed their stock well this time around, and they don't have to sell them at a huge discount. My local store had a bunch of older sets that are not listed anywhere anymore (City Camper), that may have some kind of discount, so I am heading there anyway to pick up the Winter Post Office and Bakery, and see if I can find some extra deals. I am not holding my breath though.
  • I bought those construct-a-zurg just so I could have a complete collection of toy story. Silly me....
    Those poor Zonstruct-A-Zurg are going to be sitting there for a LONG time...

Or they'll be sitting on eBay and Amazon for a LONG time... Easy to bite, 50 of them are only $343.10, that sounds affordable, until you consider that is affordable to everyone. Watch, they'll be $9.99 with free shipping after the new year on Amazon.

That will net you about $6 after all is said and done, which is LESS than these will cost you now. Avoid this one at all costs... I didn't buy a single one of them...
    I broke down to buy 1 Zurg with some Ramses Pyramids and an Obi-Wan Fighter. You never know, sometimes that ugly duck grows up...In general though, the alien minifig will get you close to even-steven with that set within 12 months; and part out the rest I guess. Peanuts in, peanuts out.
  • @prevere - oh, nothing wrong with buying 1, I bought 1 a few weeks ago to give to my son, he loves it, even more than buzz, so go figure...

I'm just saying, to anyone who thinks it is a "deal", keep in mind how much space 99 of those take up, plus you talk about "parting them out"... I don't know about you, but that is absurd in my view, my time is worth WAY too much to be doing that, either sell them as a complete box or don't bother...

It is peanuts, at some point you're working a minimum wage job, or worse, with stuff like that. But you probably know that already. :)
    Sometimes I've tried to put a wage-per-hour on my Lego gig, and usually it comes out to a silly low number. Then I go back to working on what pays the healthcare costs and mortgage!
  • This is garbage though.. only seeing the sale prices when an item goes into a cart, and the lag going on..
    Now this pig of a site will not let me use my VIP points...
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I see. Kendo jay was a temporary fluke. It doesn't start until December 27th. It disappeared from my cart!
  • ^ Kendo Jay was added to my cart eventually, and appeared when I checked out.
  • BTW, Mr.Rebates is 5% cash back at lego.com. That helps a little with the shipping costs as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I think Kendo Jay is available if you spend 'X' dollars only... I entered about 130 into my cart and it appeared, but when I removed the Post office and went under 100 it was removed.
  • Okey dokey, thanks. Now I just need to hit the buy button...yikes.
  • edited December 2011
    I also found it amusing about the VIP point issues.. I refreshed and refreshed and the site kept telling me VIP was 'unavailable' for use, even tried logging out and back in, not luck.. BUT when I added another set All of the sudden POOF it worked.... Sometimes I wonder about LEGO.
    I removed the set I added and it still allowed the use of VIP points....

I got a few Police cycles and a few Pyramid sets for the baseplates... It is a shame to dismantle all of those sets for a baseplate especially the Game boxes...
    Im guessing a LOT of people will be listing those game pieces on BL and eBay.. I guess the good news is if you are using the game and lose a game piece it will be easy to get another :-)
  • edited December 2011
    You get a decent number of tan and dark tan elements in that Ramses set as well.

I only spent just over $75 to get the Kendo Jay.
  • Thankfully I used all my VIP points last week in the Lego store, using them online seems to be hit-or-miss, so I save them for the store.

Funny, tonight's order is already sitting in "customer service", it seems that every one of my orders ends up that way these days...

Grr...
  • Thankfully I used all my VIP points last week in the Lego store, using them online seems to be hit-or-miss, so I save them for the store.

Funny, tonight's order is already sitting in "customer service", it seems that every one of my orders ends up that way these days...

Grr...
    Mine is in backorder, with both the cycles (which was known) and Pyramids on back order....
    Oh well if I do not get them.. it is not the end of the world.. would have been nice for the baseplates though
  • I understand, I don't mean backorder, I mean customer service, in stock items...

This has been the case ever since I got caught in the eBay scam of stolen credit cards, every order I place goes to customer service. They end up clearing it and shipping it, but it takes a week or so. PITA...

Hopefully given some time, that might change. Or it won't, who knows...
  • Does anyone think either the DS, Tantive IV or the Dropship with AT-OT will go on sale before they are all sold out everywhere?
  • I no longer think Death Star is going to sell out. It may well be here for another year.

AT-OT is sold out everywhere that I know of, I haven't see it since Black Friday. Tantive IV has been on sale at various price points for weeks on Amazon, I picked up 5 of them for $101 with shipping a week or so ago.
  • Wow, wish I saw them on amazon then. I think the DS might stay for a while too, maybe a whole year. The Dropship is still online at Target. Got one a week ago. Guess I should get another. Thanks though
  • Yes, but I get the fun of returning 3 of them for exchange, crushed in shipment because Amazon can't package items to save their lives...

Oh well, at least they have them to replace...
  • I just bought another IF at regular price on Target tonight, just before they sold out. Those are the last of them that I know about. Still, I fully expect that order to be canceled. :)
  • Would I buy another AT-OT at full price? No, not to resell, I think it was a poorly priced set to begin with, but if you are buying for yourself, now is the time, it will never be this cheap again.
  • That stinks. I guess that's what happens when they buy, move and ship thousands of sets at a time. I got two imperial shuttles and an Obi starfighter in the same box a couple weeks ago that were only beat up a little bit. I think if you order one set at a time the box that comes is usually better looking. Only thing is if you place multiple orders within 24 hours they usually put it all in one box.
  • I think the AT-OT will definitely go up. Its UCS even if very poorly priced for piece to price ratio
  • pretty dissapointed with the sales...
    will not buy anything...at least from lego website :)
  • I agree, I think I might go to the Lego Store tomorrow anyways though
  • Picked up some of the Ramses game for the base plates. Hopefully the discounts will be better in store or I'll be waiting for the new 2012 sets
  • 40 mins til the UK stores open. Dont think Ill be going, but will be interested in any reports. If I find out the Maersk train was 40% off Ill be kicking myself. Actually I wont. Ill be with my one year old opening the presents we didnt have time to open yesterday. Here comes xmas part two ..
  • S@H Austria has some nice deals:

10198 - Tantive IV - 60€
    7189 - Mill Village Raid - 46€
    10222 - Winter Village Post Office - 38€
    10199 - Winter Toy Shop - 32,5€
    10216 - Winter Village Bakery - 31€
    10215 - Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter - 30€
    7985 - City of Atlantis - 46€
    8052 - Container Truck - 42€
    5893 - Offroad Power - 42€
  • Online sale in UK is on but not showing in Sales and Deals tab. If you do a blank search from main Lego page you can search through the 600 odd lines and pick out the sale items
  • Same here in US, but I don't see Tantive IV on sale even with that method
  • @Madforlegos
    Don't dismantle the game boxes! They are great storage for baseplates and models. I used them to transport several City Vehicle models to a museum display I LUG NY has set up in Connecticut. The games boxes are the best. My friend told me you can even turn them inside out and fold them together and the other side is plain white.
  • Still no reports from store visits here in the UK?
    The stores have been open for over 2 hours now, I was expecting lots of reports of people with sacks full of 50% reduced exclusives :)
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know what time the Kingdoms Joust is supposed to be available? I'm on the Australian site, which had said "available 26 Dec" and there's only two and a half hours left of the 26th.

I'm assuming it will go on sale simultaneously on all the sites, but I'm wondering if a time was announced. I wanna go to bed. : )