New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Forum Suggestion - Page number links

edited February 2012 in The forum
Not sure if forum change suggestions are appropriate here or not. If not please delete this. I was just wondering if it would be possible to duplicate the page number link line from the bottom of a discussion to the top so that scrolling through a whole page isn't necessary to get to the links. It isn't a huge deal but when browsing on a phone it gets a bit tedious.

Comments

• ^ agree. Although I've gotten quite good at speed-scrolling through a giant page of posts to get to those bottom page links on my phone.
  • Ditto. I've been thinking this for a loooong time. Page at the top would be very helpful.
  • +1

Yes please, this would be a big help.
  • edited February 2012
    The forum software is hosted by VanillaForums and as such we are constrained by the framework of the hosted solution and can't make customizations. I think that's a great suggestion, as well as page numbers and a last page link on the discussion title before having to click into a discussion. If you feel strongly enough and have the time to request this, or any other feature, we welcome you to let VanillaForums know: http://vanillaforums.org/categories/feedback

What we can customize is the number of posts shown on a page. It's set on the high side right now. Do you think it would be better to have less posts per page to reduce scrolling but increase the need for page navigation?
  • I personally hate short pages. The more stuff you can fit on the page the better. (Probably why I like the 'All Discussions' look better. But that's for another discussion). :P
  • Personally I'd rather have to scroll then have to change pages often so long pages are less of a hassle for me then would having to click through more pages. I will submit a suggestion to the link provided for those changes to see if we can't make some progress.
  • I use the 'End' button instead of scrolling all the way down.
  • @Galactus there is no end button on most mobile devices.
  • Sorry, somehow I missed this part: "when browsing on a phone"