We've introduced a new feature to display your country alongside your posts. Please edit your profile and fill in the 'Location' field. This will be particularly useful in the marketplace category. Thank you.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Deal or No Deal: 105 SW minifig for £2000

greekmickgreekmick UKMember
edited March 2012 in Buying & Selling Topics
A nice collection but is it me or does that sound expensive? I sent an offer of £300 and was counter offered £1800. That still works out at £17 a head. There are only a few figures in the collection I would be willing to pay more than £5 for let alone £17.

• xowainxxowainx United KingdomMember
    Yeah, that's a huge no deal.. If it was a collection of 100 Dewbacks for £2000, maybe (although why you'd need that many I don't know..), but when it's bulked out with Bomb Squad Clone Troopers, Rebel Pilots and Battle droids, I wouldn't go near that price.. Just think of all the sets you could get for £2000.. You could get seven Death Stars with change (and double VIP points this month, of course) for example.
  • He does have Cloud City Boba, Lando and Jango there, although I can't see Jango's Helmet.

They go for around £300 alone on ebay, but anyone prepared to pay that much for 3 figs would probably not want the rest of the more common ones.

I would definitely pay more than £5 for the first two!
  • OK, I have sent him my final offer. He will probably tell me to whistle but worth trying. He is very local as well to me so saves him packing it up and posting.

What nutter would pay £300 for 3 figures??
  • I wouldn't, but look at some asking prices

on bricklink

and ebay

I missed out on a gold C-3PO a few years ago, not sure whether to wade in now, or risk prices going up even further!

It's my opinion that the current insane levels are going to cool off a bit soon. If they don't, I'm going to have to employ armed guards outside my home!

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member
    Like all the inflated prices the value isn't decided by what someone wants but by what others are willing to pay. If you're under no time or financial pressure to sell though then set the bar high and someone could come along in a post pub haze desperately in need of Boba!
  • richoricho Member
    £5-700 max. £2k was just nuts.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Administrator
    Moved to Buying/Selling
  • mobimobi Member
    It's my opinion that the current insane levels are going to cool off a bit soon. If they don't, I'm going to have to employ armed guards outside my home!
    Exactly. Lego prices always have been like waves. We are currently seeing the peaks and soon will see the troughs.

Lots of people are now buying multiple sets assuming the price will go up soon. However, Lego sees that there are demand for those sets and they are further producing them (e.g. Death Star running for a long time). End result will be saturation in secondary market. People will be desperate to offload their stock driving price down.

• CCCCCC UKMember
    If he knows anything about what he is selling, surely he should take out the rarer ones and sell them individually. People wanting those do not need the bulk of the rest. People wanting the bulk probably won't pay the price for the rarer ones.
  • Thats about £19 a fig! No way
  • I don't even need to look at the figures that are included, unless it's 200 rare Fetts, get your barge pole out and make sure it stays far away from this deal.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember
    I collect all the LEGO star wars minifigures and as obsessed as I am with collecting, I would never ever ever pay that amount of money for those figures. Seller is offering an outrageous price.. give him a few months to find out no one will accept his offer, then maybe contact him again if you are still interested.
  • Thanks for the advice. Obviously wouldnt touch it at half the price but just wanted to make sure i was living in the real world.