New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.

Once you've signed up, please wait 12 hours or so for your account to be approved.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Getting e-mail alerts when "Wishlist" sets are finally available to buy

Hey everyone, What's the best way to set an alert a few months in advance, so that it will send out an e-mail as soon as a set we have all been drooling over for months is finally out on the shelf and ready to buy? I realize that the exact release dates are bit different from one country to the next. I live in the USA.

1) Adding an alert to a "saved search" on the "My E-Bay" Page...?
2) Putting something onto a "wishlist" on Amazon or Toys R Us...?
3) Setting a "notify me" alert on my "wanted list" item on BrickLink...?

Or is there some better way? Ideally, I want to be able to set my alerts a few months in advance, not just when they are listed for pre-order. Method number one on E-Bay works fairly well for that, but is there a better way?

And hey, is it possible to add this functionality to BrickSet? Just a checkbox that alerts us when it a set is finally out in the world and available for sale?

Thanks! =)

Indy Out

Comments