New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What ships, characters, or scenes from Star Wars would you like to see in LEGO ?

Comments

• @doubts agreed, PT didn't give us much in the way of iconic ships to be honest when compared to OT I only really personally like the theta class shuttle from ROTS and that's it, PT wise, and the lambda class is much better than that anyway in terms of the original design. Half the issue might be that UCS sets are aimed at AFOLS who, let's face it, for the most part don't have much love for the prequels and prefer OT and the ships within as that's what they grew up with. I also find that there is a lot of repetition in the design, of the prequels (intensional on lucas' part of course) so I personally am always going to prefer a UCS AT-AT over an AT-TE or x-wing over arc-170 as examples.
  • I think the UCS venator is one of the few prequel ships worth doing. 10215 is a good model it was just over priced, if the starting price had been 20% lower I'm sure it would have done alot better and I'm sure most among us who got it snapped it up at a discounted rate for that reason. I'd like to have the Venator to sit alongside the Super Star destroyer, the only other thing PT that I might like in UCS form is a Republic Gunship, I have 7676 but that doesn't quite cut it.
  • I certainly agree with a Cantina set. Perhaps around the £100 mark as otherwise we would not get all the aliens we want! I also want to see a new incarnation of a Tusken Raider. The Ewok Village is a good idea but it would be a costly item where you are basically paying for a tall tree or two with a few little huts etc. at the top.
  • How about a UCS Acclamator? Everyone always talks about the Venator, but they seem to forget the Acclamator class.
  • I could totally see them releasing a pricey Cantina set and including a Figrin D'an minifig... with five instruments... and then being like, "Just buy four more Cantinas and you have the Modal Nodes!"
  • @LegoFanTexas - I assume that's because the Acclamator-class turned up for about fifteen seconds in AotC... which was the most abysmal movie ever made. I know it's all over the place in The Clone Wars series... but so far they haven't touched that where the UCS models are concerned.

And frankly, I'd prefer my UCS models to remain OT-exclusive until I at least get my UCS Slave I, UCS AT-AT, UCS TIE Fighter and UCS A-Wing. Nothing is sadder for me knowing that my UCS ship for the year is something I'll take a pass on.
  • I don't know if someone has said something similar to this, But I would like to see some more of the Mid-scales ships! For me anyways I dont have the funds currently to invest in huge sets, the Mid-scale stuff was at just the right Price. I would like to see a Mid-scale rebel Frigate, the Mon calamari star crusier, Ebon Hawk, Ect... It would be the perfect way to make all of these huge ships without making $100 + sets
  • ^I doubt we'll ever see the Ebon Hawk in LEGO form, and if we do, I'm sure it won't be midi-scale. It's about half the size of the Millennium Falcon, though, so if they did make one, I couldn't see it running more than $70 (in today's pricing model, of course... who knows what the cost of licensed LEGO sets will look like over the next ten years).
  • ^ well I figured they never would make an ebon hawk, I was just half asleep and said it because I couldn't think of any other larger ships at the moment :P,
  • edited March 2012
    Star wars CMF

Why not? Discuss.
  • Can't happen because Hasbro has the "action figure" license from Lucasfilm, Ltd.
  • Ahhhhhhhhh. Thanks for clarifying. Still think it would be pretty dang cool. They could go with the more obscure characters in the Star Wars universe.
  • I agree, and they'd sell a ton of them, but that is why they had to glue the Star Wars Lego magnets (then just started gluing all of them). Because Hasbro complained that Lego was trying to get around the "action figure" license.
  • So that's why...What a load of crap. It's like apples and oranges.
  • yea if they could get around the licensing for this stuff and make CMF star wars, lotr, super heroes, etc they would make a killing

those things would FLY off the shelves

too bad it will never happen
  • This is why the "battle packs" are made, with 4 or 5 mini-figs and a few parts to make a small "set". It is really a way to sell mini-figs...
  • i would like to see a Dooku's Solar Sailor get the UCS treatment, including a vinyl sail, like the old windsurf board sails....the first ship was only the pod of the ship, and sadly incomplete.
  • I'd like to see a whole 'Bounty Hunter' wave of sets including the IG-2000, the Hound's Tooth, the Punishing One and the Mist Hunter. I acknowledge the Mist Hunter would be a really dumb looking model... and also a considerably boring build... but I want 4-LOM and Zuckuss minifigs.
  • I'd like to see a Z-95 Headhunter from EU in minifig scale. You choose the minifig(s) to go with it. I do not care so much for minifigs.
    Bye,
    Max
  • Regarding the Star Wars Minifigs - its always possible (although unlikely) that the new licence agreement Lego have with Lucas might make this possible.
  • I love collecting the ships and displaying them. I do think they should do a Venator class ship in UCS. This would sell well just because it was iconic in the PT and a major roll in the clone wars. Really any ships in UCS would be nice. i don't want to see repeats though for UCS. This would just take value and really not please collectors to much. I think a look back at some of the Naboo star ships would be good. However a Mon Calamari cruiser would be sweet.
  • Pruneface.
  • Hoth Ion Cannon set
    Hoth Generator set
    Cloud City (Death Star-style) playset
    Cantina set
    Yavin base Hangar set
    Cloud City carbon freeze chamber playset
  • Rebel Troop Transport
  • So that's why...What a load of crap. It's like apples and oranges.
    Yes, but these apples and oranges are worth $$$millions in merchandising profits...enough to get the lawyers involved...

• I'm pretty hyped about Palpatines Arrest.

Anybody know the exact specs yet? By my reckoning it will most likely be a 2012 equivalent of "Final Duel". Couple of tasty minifigs and a chair or something similar.

Jabbas Palace looks pretty cool too. Although I'm not overly excited about the majority of this years releases.

Personally I'd LOVE to see a small "Cloud City Duel" set released! Definitely the most atmospheric part of the OT. Nice and simple, Luke and Vader from the final scene where he loses his hand and is left clinging to the spire above that bottomless shaft (agonised face on luke please, imagine you just lost a hand yo!). I think the spire and walkway could be translated into a FANTASTIC piece of Lego with a small piece count and price tag!

Admittedly this would probably push the price of Vader minifigs down, which I would regret. But the positives outweigh the negatives for me!
  • Vader minifigs aren't that expensive anyway ~£5.
  • ^^Palpatine's arrest is reportedly a 645 piece set, so it's more likely to be a set that's a lot larger than it needs to be.
  • edited April 2012
    ^^^yes, Vader figures are usually only about $10, and that's on a bad day.
    And as @y2josh said, it's already been reported that it's in the mid 600 piece range, and not a sort of 30 piece "final duel set". I imagine since it's somewhat an exclusive, the price tag will be higher than the usual price/piece ratio used in most standard LEGO sets. The fact that it's Star Wars will also bump up the price.
  • A proper full scale home one.

I think a CMF series of Star Wars would be a huge hit too, especially if you packed it with troopers. Would be a great way to get updated versions of secondary charicters like Biggs and Watto as well as bringing in major expanded universe figures such as Mara Jade and Grand Admiral Thrawn.
  • ^I believe Hasbro has a licence agreement with LucasArts that does not allow Lego to do just that with the CMF series of Star Wars. Which is why Lego does the weak 80 piece battlepacks with 4 figures.
  • Bummer, but makes sense. I know in most cases companies get a license for a figure in a specific size range, its why Sideshow can make the larger things for example. Obviously without knowing the contract I wouldnt think the Lego figure size would encroach on Hasbro's size, it'd be more closer to what you saw with the game mini's from WOTC and the new spinner battlers (who might be made by Hasbro.)
  • To clarify the point about individual figs being released, I recently tried to replace a star wars minifig I had genuinely lost from a set, when I contacted lego they confirmed what has been said on here already, which is they are not allowed (by lucasfilm) to supply indivdual minfigs under any circumstances as this would be a breach of said agreement. I can only assume this is due to the existing hasbro agreement. This is why you see battlepacks and now the planets sets as this gets round the problem.
  • Speaking of grand admiral thrawn...i would for for him to be made...either with a new system star destroyer or something else...doesnt really matter to me
  • To clarify the point about individual figs being released, I recently tried to replace a star wars minifig I had genuinely lost from a set, when I contacted lego they confirmed what has been said on here already, which is they are not allowed (by lucasfilm) to supply indivdual minfigs under any circumstances as this would be a breach of said agreement. I can only assume this is due to the existing hasbro agreement. This is why you see battlepacks and now the planets sets as this gets round the problem.
    Bummer.

Well, here's hoping the new agreement fixed that issue.
  • Sounds silly but I would like a dagobah training type set. Doesn't have to be a big piece count but I would want it to have Yoda's hut and the dark cave. It could include Yoda, Luke, R2-D2, an exclusive Vader with Luke's face (removable helmet) and maybe a couple swamp creatures.
  • @Renny, I like that idea too for a set. Dagobah would be a set I would like to see. Also a new Cloud City would be great too
  • There should be more sets for Episode II, last one released was the Republic Gunship in 2003. I really want a teenage Anakin with braids as minifig. Perhaps a set for when he comes back home to rescue his mother. A defining moment for Anakin's story arc.
  • What do you guys think of an UCS midi scale MF?
  • ^^ there is a set for him killing the tusken raiders. It was a BP type of set though and had the older style minifig.

brickset.com/detail/?Set=7113-1

• I am not sure if Phantom Menace 3D did well enough to greenlight AotC for next Spring, but if so it would be a good opportunity to do some Tuskan Raiders along with a set with the green and yellow speeders from the chase scene early in the film on Courasant. I would like to see Daks(?) Diner too but I doubt it would be deemed playable enough to sell a lot of to kids.
  • ^^Exactly, an updated version of the tusken raiders encounter set should be done. Expanded to include baby tusken raiders would be nice.
  • ^ the tusken raiders and children that Anakin slaughters do you mean? :p Funny that they called the previous set an 'encounter', guess 'Tusken raider village murder' wouldn't sell so well! Some new tuskens' would be great though.
  • edited April 2012
    I (agonised face on luke please, imagine you just lost a hand yo!).
    Imagine you just lost a hand and then got the even worse news immediately afterwards: that your father is the face of evil for the the entire galaxy.

• I know it would be overkill for another Slave 1 but it would be nice to have a modern Jango Fett. Perhaps he could come as a bonus figure with a Geonosian Arena set or something
  • I would really like to see more modular builds with their Star Wars sets. Sort of like Star Wars vignettes (they used to do this with sets like 'Final Duel I and II'). It should get around the Hasbro licensing issues as they would be similar to the battle packs but with 'playsets' rather than vehicles.

So instead of just one Cantina set, there would be 3 or 4 mini-playsets - for example, 'At the Bar' (with barman, the 2 rowdy customers and Luke and/or Obi Wan and a small bar), 'The Band Stand, with the Biths, etc. etc.

Although I really want the Cantina, this approach could be used for other scenes as well - 'Vader's Entrance' connecting to 'The Message' from New Hope, 'Vader's Tea Party', connecting to 'Ugnaught Junk Yard', connecting to 'Carbonite Chamber' from Empire.

This would really help build up the tertiary characters' mini-figs and allow for as-affordable-as-Star Wars-Lego-can-be sets.
  • ^ the tusken raiders and children that Anakin slaughters do you mean? :p Funny that they called the previous set an 'encounter', guess 'Tusken raider village murder' wouldn't sell so well! Some new tuskens' would be great though.
    My thoughts exactly! ;-)

• edited July 2012
    What would you think about LEGO making sets based on the book "Darth Plagueis"?

The book is about the life of the Sith Lord who found and trained Palpatine into Darth Sidious. There are plenty of action scenes and lots of familiar and new characters. Sets based on the book would enable LEGO to finally make minifigures of a Muun, Bith, Gran, and other lesser-known Star Wars species.

LEGO did make the Old Republic sets, which most Star Wars fans who haven't played the game are unfamiliar with. Although sets based on "Darth Plagueis" would have less visual inspiration, they would be more closely related to the films (and more recognizable by fans), and thus might sell more than the Old Republic sets will.

What do you think? Also, if you haven't read the book, do yourself a favor and check it out. It brilliantly fills the plot holes in the prequel trilogy.
  • Would be really cool for a few of us but I just can't imagine them making a set off of a book for any property, even Star Wars. Will have to check out the book though, sounds like a good read
  • I would agree with everyone that said the Ebon Hawk, but it would HAVE to include Revan and HK-47.

Another I personally would want, which I think could be mildly popular would be Raven's Claw and or Moldy Crow with Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors.

And I think I am the only one that wants to see a Yuuzhan Vong ship with some minifigs, like this one or this one. Somehow, I don't think the images or concepts of that entire race would make it past the The Lego Group's kid friendly guideline though...

Yes, I DO like the Expanded Universe btw...