New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

DC Lex Luthor Power Armor Promo polybag

edited March 2012 in Collecting

https://www.ebgames.com.au/ds-156536-LEGO-Batman-2-DC-Super-Heroes-Nintendo-DS

Hopefully this will come to the US sooner rather then later.

Comments

• This looks pretty cool! The armor really sells it.
  • The armour is the same mould as the series 7 Space Marine. Not quite so sure about the green toilet seat gun though :P Be interested to see what connections the armour has on the back, as it seems to have a 'jet pack' attached somehow as well.
  • He seems particularly unhappy at those 3 2x2 Black Bricks!!
    chromedigi
  • IF they offer it in the US, I will preorder for sure. This is much better than the wooden Jack Sparrow deal. :)
  • Can you pre-order, and then just take the game back? Or is this just unethical?
  • ^ Normally it will be on the receipt so you would have to take it back with the game.
    And yeah, pretty unethical too. :)
  • Wasn't saying that I would do it, just wondered what the policy was :p
  • Nope...I don't think it is unethical... by the way whose ethics are we talking about?
  • edited March 2012
    ^ Please dont start that!

Back on topic: What is the trans green part at the end of the gun, can't work it out from the picture!
  • ^ It appears to be this part in trans-bright green: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=58176
  • ^ That was my first thought too, but not sure, looks like this is flatter at the end and may even have a pin in the middle. Not a huge picture I am looking at though so I may be mistaken.
  • ^ You're right, it doesn't quite look like a Barraki eye. Perhaps it's a 1x1 round tile. That and the Barraki eye seem to be the only options from what I can see, unless it's a new part. It's a shame we don't have any pictures from different angles.
  • Nope...I don't think it is unethical... by the way whose ethics are we talking about?
    I agree, by who's ethics? I've never seen anything written by EB or Gamestop that you have to return the pre-order item if you return the product, whether it is a physical or digital item.
    The armour is the same mould as the series 7 Space Marine. Not quite so sure about the green toilet seat gun though :P Be interested to see what connections the armour has on the back, as it seems to have a 'jet pack' attached somehow as well.
    Definitely looks like the same armor as the S7 Marine. Lol at the toilet.
    He seems particularly unhappy at those 3 2x2 Black Bricks!!
    Haha!

• edited March 2012
    http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes/98905
    The offer is now up for the US/CA across all platforms (not just the wii link posted)
  • He seems particularly unhappy at those 3 2x2 Black Bricks!!
    Thanks princedraven! Just snorted some coffee - it was that or spray it on my laptop.

:D
  • No PC version (yet).
  • need to find someone who wants a game so I can get him and get rid of the game =-)
  • I've never dealt with EB, but I've taken games back to Gamestation/Game many times before without taking the promotional extras back.
  • Interesting @Brewer51.... I'll go talk to them there's one a few blocks away
  • ^ That is going to be an interesting conversation....
    "so Mr Game worker, can I order this game, get a free promo item, then bring the game back and keep the promo? i.e. can you give me something for nothing?"
    What exactly are you expecting them to say? "Hell yeah, of course, do it a dozen times if you like".
  • ^ heh

Yeah, it will be pretty hard to bring that topic up without implying that you plan to try it yourself. Unless murph personally knows an employee there or something.
  • ^^^ While you are asking that awkward question, ask if they will sell you the promo packs. $5 would be reasonable.
  • Or you could just sell the game for $5 less and keep the game.
  • ^ I'd love to have one of these, too. But:

Pretending interest in a deal for unfair advantage/gain without payment is fraud.
    It is illegal and unethical.
    If it can be proven that one's intent has always been to return the game (by incriminating posts on hobbyist forums, for example ;), one could be prosecuted.

If you return an item bought at a discount, you wouldn't expect to get the undiscounted price returned, either. And pretending interest in a car in order to get a free trial drive is fraud, too. Again, difficult to prove...

As much as I sympathize (I want that fig!), I am surprised that the suggestion alone hasn't raised indignation from bricklink store owners already.
  • It's up to your own ethos if it is ethical or not however it might not be legal.

You might be able to buy it later on. Some game stops were willing to sell Jack Sparrow with the Potc game; the mini also hit amazon for a bit. Perhaps this option might open up again this time around.
  • Looking forward to this bonus. I really enjoyed the first Lego Batman game and will definitely pick the sequel up.
  • I haven't mentioned it earlier but I found the original batman fun to play as well. The voice acting makes this one a must for me. Lex just sweetens the deal.
  • This is very much not a "sure" thing.

I worked at GameStop/ Funcoland for quite a while and while the stores usually got the promo items sometimes they would only get a few and for no rhyme or reason. Sometimes the employees would hoard them away, sometimes they would just not show up. I may try to reserve a copy or two but don't hold high hopes, at least you can always get your money back.
  • @princedraven, I meant in terms of do you automatically get the figure with each copy you buy or what. I have several gamer friends who will probably want the game but not the lego guy, maybe I can make a deal with one or two, but first I wanna see how to guarantee that I get my little evil buddy...and after finally getting and building the Power Armor Lex kit yesterday I'm definitely fiending for the minifig version. Some stores will sell things with a promo item and take a return without the item with a hit for the cost, I've seen that in fine print before... So lets say the game store has a policy like that where you buy the game and get a Lego MF but only return the game, they give you $10 less back... you decide if it's worth it. On another part of the board someone described finding that one Walmart near him had a set at 50% off but not in stock. He went and bought 2 at full price at another WM, then returned them to the one with the sale for full price and bought them back at 50% off. I don't see anything ethically wrong with that, though I do find it unethical that the other store wouldn't just honor the 50% off rate, though it might have been an in store only sale/clearance.
  • edited May 2012
    Sorry if this has been said already but If you pre-order the LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes from play.com you get the exclusive Lex Luthor mini figure: http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/28101481/-/Product.html
  • edited May 2012
    http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes/98905
    The offer is now up for the US/CA across all platforms (not just the wii link posted)

Neat figure, I hope Amazon gets them.

I will never order anything from Gamestop again.. the management corp wise is incompetent, or the local managers are, either way horrible.
    You pre-order a game and you think you would get the bonus fig held for you, well I went to pick up my PoTC LEGO game later in the day and they ran out of the sparrow fig.. I canceled the order. HOW you manage to do this when you have a clear list of those that pre-ordered and get the bonus fig I still cannot understand. Sure I showed up late in the day, but again you would assume by pre-ordering the game you get the fig and they would account for that in their numbers, but no.

• Has anyone found a site where you can preorder the PC version of the game and get the free minifig? I'm in the US and haven't found one yet.
  • edited May 2012
    Does anybody know if you can get the Lex luthor polybag with a pre order of the new Lego Batman 2 game yet in the UK.

I know this was with EB games in Australia but I haven't seen it in the UK yet.
  • I didn't know about this. Great news, now we will not have to fork out for Lex from eBay. Thanks!
  • edited May 2012
    many thanks
  • Your welcome :)
  • If you preorder the PC version, it's half the price of the Xbox/PS3 and you still get Lex.
  • If you preorder the PC version, it's half the price of the Xbox/PS3 and you still get Lex.
    They price seems to vary depending on whether you get the Lex Luthor fig or not. Doesn't this defeat the point of a free giveaway? Seems to be the case for the PS3, PC and DS versions.
  • Yeah I noticed that, couple of quid difference IIRC. Bit naughty yes, but I'm happy to pay a couple of quid for it regardless. I'll sell the PC version and buy the xbox version when it comes down to £20 odd in about 6 months.
  • Nintendo DS version is only $30, which im probably going to get.
  • ^ I was thinking about the same thing.
  • Yeah i don't own a DS. Ill probably go sell it or just keep it and not care, to bundle together with the polybag and other Lex set.
  • DS version pre-ordered. Even if I lose a couple dollars on the resale, it's probably still going to be cheaper than trying to buy the figure.
  • This was a double hit for me. Been thinking of getting a wii for a bit as the PC has died, so ordered the wii games for the figure but no of course I will have to buy a wii - oh we'll, kids will be happy.
  • Can you pre-order, and then just take the game back? Or is this just unethical?
    Having managed a Gamestop for a couple years I can tell you that the policy is yes you can. I argued this with my District manager all the time because certain games would become over stocked on my shelves because of awesome pre order content. As long as the receipt is there and the game is unopened Gamestop does the return in the method of payment.

• Be interested to see what connections the armour has on the back, as it seems to have a 'jet pack' attached somehow as well.
    Check your Galaxy Patrol minifig if you have one. You'll see that the armour actually has a pair of "handles" on the back which can accommodate a pair of 1x1 cones!

:)
  • edited May 2012
    Is the figure that you can get by preordering the game Lego Batman 2 really an exclusive minifig?