New around here? When you sign up for a new account, please indicate why you want to join on the registration form so we can determine which applications are genuine and which are from spammers.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Series 7 CMF

Comments

• ^ so it should be. Lego is clearly a toy!
  • Tescos in Bradley Stoke just got these in so looks like there getting out there now :)
  • WHS in York doesn't have any out as yet. I was told that they would not be breaking the law by putting them out early (their words, not mine). They still have loads of S5 and S6 at full price though.
  • WHS in York doesn't have any out as yet. I was told that they would not be breaking the law by putting them out early (their words, not mine). They still have loads of S5 and S6 at full price though.
    My local WH Smiths has S5, 6 and 7 on their counters at the moment.
  • edited March 2012
    Manchester finally got theirs today and as promised put them out straight away, two boxes on show behind the tills already mostly sold.

They also have about 4 boxes of series 5 for sale - still at full price, but no series 6 at all.
  • You have to remember that lego is a business and they want people to keep going back to buy more. If the multiple buy / army building ones were more common, then overall they would probably sell less. Many people collect just the series, so finish them within a month or two. Having multiple issues per year means interest in CMF is kept up.
    I see your point, but I think Army builders will still buy their boxes to get the figures they want and there will still (hopefully) be some left for those that just want 1-2 of them at a store.
    I seriously doubt that it will cut down on profits for LEGO, as a price of the pack whether rare or not will be 3 dollars. Besides it would appear that LEGO itself is already scaling back on production of the figures (or at least cutting back on who it distributes to) for series 6.

• ^ In the UK, the last point doesn't seem to be true. S6 was out before Christmas here, and everywhere seems to have had them in stock throughout the time since then.

• They also have about 4 boxes of series 5 for sale - still at full price, but no series 6 at all.
    Have you tried Argos and Waterstones? They seems to have loads where I frequently shop (York, London and Glasgow).
  • There are many places in the US that had series 5 but no series 6, also on eBay there were a lot more people selling boxes of series 5, that went away for 6 (at least in the States), generally there is the feeling that the distribution changed, which means that possibly anyway the quantity released changed, but I have no idea how to check that number.

• ^ In the UK, the last point doesn't seem to be true. S6 was out before Christmas here, and everywhere seems to have had them in stock throughout the time since then.
    Supplies around my local stores were pretty sporadic. My local Tesco and Sainsburys only had series 6 very briefly. Quite surprising for Tesco, which had plentiful supplies of series 5 (even after 6 had come out).

• It may also be that places had far too many series 5 left over so ordered fewer series 6? After all its not like Lego force them on to the shops.

Series 7 are amazing imo so I can see them being in short supply just because of demand.
  • S7 are available in the UK online at play, and now at John Lewis too. So should be available to everyone.

S6 has also been available constantly online on JL since Christmas, so anyone that wanted them could have easily got them.
  • Just picked up 3 from WHSmiths in Meadowhall, got the Evil Knight, Tennis Player and the Computer Geek :)
  • Haven't seen any in the US, and series 6 has been gone for a few weeks.
  • Word of warning. Make sure any cape is well away from the top of the packet when cutting it open! :p
  • Just seen S7 CMF in Tesco Bar Hill, Cambridge UK.... near the toys, but on a stand in the car / bike accessories area!?!?
  • I've noticed a lot of movement of the CMF's.. Not near the rest of the Legos. I've seen them by the baseball/football cards.
  • edited March 2012
    CMF 7 is out and about in WHSmith, JL, TRU and Argos in Nottingham.

For the best Deal see the Shopping UK Topic.
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/3563/uk-lego-bargain-at-whsmith#Item_69
    £12.50 for 11 CMF7 is well worth it.
  • I bought 10 today in whsmiths in bath... They were in the till area so not much feeling could go on but I am delighted that I only got one double. I think this series is brilliant, really lovely figs
  • Bought a whole box on Thursday from WHSmiths. I find it the best way to get the whole set. I agree with the comment on being careful on opening the pack with the brides train / veil in!
  • Anyone see these in the US?!
  • Am I the only one that thought the computer nerd's mug contained a smiley face?
  • ^ You can view it as either a smiley, or as a C:\ dos style prompt, or windows path.
  • edited April 2012
    Does anyone know how the Dare Devil helmet is supposed to stay in his hand? I have two of them and the helmet edge doesn't seem thick enough to keep a grip.
  • ^ The only way I found was to twist the helmet into a slightly unnatural position and then it just about stays in his hand. But yes its odd, the profile of the edge is [] not O.
  • ^ The only way I found was to twist the helmet into a slightly unnatural position and then it just about stays in his hand. But yes its odd, the profile of the edge is [] not O.
    The hand/arm goes through the neck hole and grips the chinstrap from behind. The mini-poster thing is misleading.
  • My WH Smiths store is now out of s7 and don't know when they'll have a new delivery.

Apparently they've already had a lot of unhappy children leaving empty handed (school holidays after all). They did sell a number of full boxes and they seem to be regretting that - but if they really mean that who knows?
  • ^ You could stand outside and flog them for £3 a piece!
  • ^^ They only regret the earache they are now getting from parents. It would make sense to restrict buying cases to online purchases, rather than someone just cleaning out their local WHSmiths and deprive all the children. Will someone just think of the children!! :P
  • My WH Smiths store is now out of s7 and don't know when they'll have a new delivery.

Apparently they've already had a lot of unhappy children leaving empty handed (school holidays after all). They did sell a number of full boxes and they seem to be regretting that - but if they really mean that who knows?
    As some WH Smith stores have boxes of S5, S6 and S7 on their counters, I would imagine they are keen to offload them in any way shape or form they can. Unfortunately for all the enthusiastic collectors there are always going to be profiteers, so either way there is always a for and against them selling boxes full I suppose.
  • If they get rid of the empty boxes, then there should be no problem. They can just say they haven't got any if asked. People buying the boxes and taking them away make it easier still ... it looks as though they never had any.

They could always offer them S5 and S6!
  • Just wandered into town to go check out some of the Lego Friends sets* and spotted a (literally) a shelf full of S7's. Managed to feel my way to a Galaxy Patrol! It was a hard decision between that and the Aztec dude. I'll probably hunt him down in the next couple of days!

Oh, also found a box of SERIES 2's! Some old lady behind the counter spent 15 minutes watching me feel them up and came over to talk. I thought she was going to kick me out for manhandling their products... Instead she brought me the barcode sheet and within moments had picked out a Spartan for me! Thrilled to bits. Today was a good Lego day!
  • After 20 minutes of being the resident nerd in the Lego aisle at tesco I have managed to complete my s7. This series is brilliant, I love them all apart from the jungle boy...I just wish they'd given him something other than that same monkey
  • Went by my local WHSmiths today to pick up some mini figures today.

Ended up walking out with a whole case of S7 (and another 8), 20 S6 and 24 S5.

Only a few away now from completing S5&6 and have plenty of spares of S7.

:)
  • ^What city are you in @SpaceCake?
  • edited April 2012
    ^I'd like to know that too.
    Also that's some great customer service @SpaceCake! Congrats on the finds!
  • edited April 2012
    Repeated post deleted.
  • ^What city are you in @SpaceCake?
    Norwich, dear sir!
    ^I'd like to know that too.
    Also that's some great customer service @SpaceCake! Congrats on the finds!
    Thankyou very much! And I agree, that was outstanding customer service. I was so happy I felt like going back with a box of chocolates! Especially as she did it on the sly - apparently the manager has been tearing chunks out of checkout staff for supplying specific figures using the codes!

:D
  • @spacecake: Wow, you should buy up all those series 2s. Seems like quite a few people still have gaps in their collection (not me though :)

I've now completed series 7 and got doubles of most of the ones I want. Yay! Need more swimmers though.
  • @spacecake Was that Smiths? I was on holiday there the October before last and left a S2 barcode sheet in the shop for other customers...
  • I've still not found any s7, I've tried a few WH Smiths and quite a few Tescos, I'll find them when I'm not looking for them I suppose
  • That's it.. I'm calling in an air strike on western Europe. You have 1 hour to get all your S7 cases on a plane to America.

We've crushed countries for less..
  • But what happens when we don't find any S7's or evidence of them?
  • Oh, we know they're there, just get them on the plane or else,lol.
  • Time is up.. We have bombed your underground Lego storage facilities. Any survivors will work in Airbase shipping remaining Legos to America.
  • You can have our legos, so long as we can keep our lego. ;-)
  • ^ Post of the week!
  • I got my Easter Bunny Suit man. :) :) :)
  • @spacecake where'd you pick up the series 2?!